Thirteen

As soon as we made it back to Port Royal, the Navy took Jack straight to jail

As soon as we made it back to Port Royal, the Navy took Jack straight to jail. I, of course, protested against this stupidity but no one listens to me. So a few days later, me and Will devised a plan to help Jack escape.

"Where do you think you're going Miss Swann?" The guard on duty cuts me off from entering the jail to tell Jack of our plan.

"I, uh, just want to look in the eyes of that...dirty pirate one more time before he's sent back to hell...where he belongs." I try to sound convincing. It seems to have worked because the guard steps aside chuckling.

"Very well, miss. Just try to keep this between us, alright?" He winks at me. Gross.

"Of course, sir." I smile sweetly before making my way into the small building and down the stairs to the cells. "Jack?" I whisper shout.

"Evelyn?" I hear his voice call out from the cell tucked furthest away which is perfect because no one should be able to hear us.

"Jack!" I sigh happily when I finally get to see his face. I stick my hands through the bars to grab his face and pull him forward. Our lips barely meet due to the metal between us but I'm happy nonetheless. "Hi." I smile at him.

"How did you get in here?" He smiles back at me.

"I told the guard I wanted to see the dirty pirate one last time before he's sent to hell." I smirk.

"And he bought that? Some guard of the Royal Navy he is."

"Look, I don't have much time. Me and Will have a plan to get you out of this. When they get you up on the execution stand, you need to act like nothing's wrong. Just go along with whatever they do until the opportune moment arises."

"Which is?" He squints at me.

"You'll know, I promise. I'm not gonna let them take you away from me, Jack." He looks at me in a way I've never seen before.

"Come with me." He blurts out.

"What?" I ask as a smile slowly makes it's way onto my face.

"When I get out here, I'll find a ship and leave this godforsaken place. It'll be nothing but the horizon for days...and I want you to come with me. I told you I wanna show you the world, love, and I intend to make good on me word."

"Is that the only reason you want me to come with you?" I tease him.

"I'd also like to fuck you in the middle of the sea but I was trying to be a gentleman."

"Jack!" I can physically feel my face turning red but I can't help the image that pops into my head. Me and Jack moving together on the deck of the Black Pearl beneath the stars as the waves gently rocks us back and forth.

And suddenly I need some air.

"You asked, darling." He holds his hands up in surrender.

"Miss Swann? Are you alright down there? That pile of filth isn't trying to harm you is he?" I roll my eyes as the guard shouts down to me.