Chapter 13: Blossoming Love

Lily nodded but before she could say anything, Jude turned away and said "oh I'll meet you home later, I've got to stay here and wait for the delivery of the extra freezer in the basement". Lily smiled and said "we'll wait together and Jude said "no...just go home I'll be there soon". Lily thought about questioning him but after all she did just tell the man she loved him and that's awkward enough. She sighed and got in the car and left, feeling dreadful. Jude sighed a breath of relief...he now had some time to think about what to do with this "lovers dream thing". He knew by now that Lily has feelings and he was also aware that he was in love with her as well.

When he first met her he was only interested in her beauty but now his feelings ran deeper than that. He loved how she was fierce and strong but also feminine and childish when she really opened up. He likes how even though she claims to be evil, she still tries to be considerate of others, hell she even donated money to the children's families even after the 2 deaths had been exaggerated and proven false. It turned out that 2 of the children that day were prematurely declared dead and ended up being resuscitated after being trampled over. Lily still has a lot to learn in terms of making friends and establishing normal healthy relationships with people but he wanted to be there to help her with that transition from recluse to moderately sociable.

After signing for the fridge, he headed home and decided on his way that once the restaurant found its footing, he would tell her and attempt to pursue a relationship. Unfortunately for him, Lily had her mind made up and decided that as soon as he stepped through that door she was gonna tell him everything and give it her all to be with him. As she sat on the couch anxiously waiting, all the memories of the past three months came flooding back. It ignited a fire in her that she had never felt before, this wasn't lust and it wasn't a feeling of loneliness...it was one of longing and peace. She wanted him to hold her while she kissed him and listened to the beats of his heart and felt the warmth of his body against her cold, lonely skin.

There was something about him that warmed her up and made her feel as if she could handle anything, rewrite any regrets, and most of all, face the darkness that was cast over her family. Lily was broken from her concentration by the sound of the door opening and Jude walking in. He smiled at her but before he could say anything else, she said "we need to talk". Before he could say anything, she rushed into her room but luckily for her, he chased after her. When he entered the room, she was sitting on the edge of the bed with her knees tucked up to her chest; her face was bright red. He sat next to her, smiled, and said "what'd you need to tell me?". She turned away and said, "forget it, I don't wanna say it because it'll ruin our friendship and you'll hate me or think I'm weird".

Jude grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him and noticed she now had tears trickling down her cheeks. He wiped them away and said, "you can tell me anything Lily...If I can live with knowing your past and still be here, then I promise there's nothing you can say that'll scare me off". Lily smiled and said, "Jude, I Love you and I Can't pretend like my heart doesn't skip a beat when you hold me and I can't ignore how you make me feel, how you keep me going every day and how I've grown because of you...you make me a better person and I want to be with you". Jude froze up in shock and just stood there staring into her eyes which caused Lily to start crying again.

Finally, he snapped out of his daze and cupped her cheek which startled her. He smiled and said I Love you too, Lily "before pulling her into a passionate kiss. Lily pulled away with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes, it felt as if she had reclaimed something she had lost. She was full of energy and this strange feeling of warmth. She smiled and pulled him into another kiss which gradually deepened and continued like this for some time. Eventually, kisses started moving from their mouth to different body parts; it was getting out of hand until "riiing". Lily's phone was ringing and it was her aunt, she couldn't ignore it so she answered it and walked into the other room. Jude sat there thinking to himself "I've dated a few girls before but that was out of this world!!