Chapter 6: Falling rain

Meanwhile upstairs, Jude was straightening up lily's house and turning it into a rather decent place. It was well-kept in terms of structural integrity but the entire place was dusty and filthy. He sighed and began to clean up and within a few hours, the place looked and smelled wonderful. As if right on cue, Lily came back upstairs, smiled, and said "woah this is beautiful, thank you". He nodded and said, "no problem, remember a clean house is key to a clean healthy mind".

She blushed and said, "I rushed away earlier and forgot to tell you earlier where you'd be staying at some come with me". She took Jude upstairs and regretted it instantly after seeing how filthy it had gotten up there. Jude patted her shoulder and said "I got this" before they finally reached the end of the hall. When she opened the door, it revealed a room with a full bed pushed against the wall and a desk in another corner with a laptop on it.

He smiled and said, "woah, thanks...for a killer you sure are very nice and have great taste". Lily blushed and said, "well don't lose sleep over it...anyways I'll take you to your apartment to collect your things when I get back from my trip okay?". He nodded and said, "I wish you would believe in yourself and give being normal a try, you know I'd be there since we are friends now... at least I hope". She smiled and said, "maybe one day...anyways I'll be gone by the morning, don't try anything stupid, don't answer the door, and if you need to reach me there's an emergency number on the fridge but do not memorize it because I change it every week".

Jude nodded as she walked off to her own room and packed her bags. The truth is she didn't want to take another job so soon but she needed to get away from Jude and all of her feelings because they were highly confusing at this point. Her mission was simple; go to New York and kill the mayor and the 3 district managers at the unveiling of a historic statue at a local park. She would be flown over by a helicopter disguised to blend in with the local news choppers. She would have to be swift, quick, and precise if she wanted to do it free of unnecessary casualties and not get caught.

Once the sun had set, Lily waited on the street corner in a black hoodie until a red car came and picked her up. Neither she nor the driver spoke the entire way to the private airfield. After arriving, she nodded at the guy as he pulled off, leaving her in front of a hangar with a private plane parked inside. Two guys came down the plane's stairs and one looked at his in disbelief before saying "are you Mr. J's guy? and she nodded. The guy rolled his eyes and said "come on" but Lily stood right there and said "excuse me is there a problem?". The guy looked at her and said "what?" and she said "you rolled your eyes at me, so tell me do you think just because I'm a small beautiful woman, I can't do a "man's job?". The guy said "n-no ma'am, I apologize" and she smiled and said "good boy...last person who made fun of me ended up in the line of my scope, and trust me I made sure he died slowly and painfully... don't fuck with me again".

As she walked onto the plane, the guy's partner laughed and said "shit now I see why they call the one shot wonder". The other guy Punched him and said "shut the hell up and do the job before she kills both of us...I know Mr. j doesn't give a damn about his low-level men". After taxiing and taking off, the flight arrived in New York around 10 pm without incident. As lily disembarked she smiled at the two men and said "Wonderful ride, hope to see you two again one day" before she walked over to a guy in a black car, nodded, and got in. The two pilots looked at each other and shivered, feeling as if she was going to have something done to them. Her ride dropped her off at a motel and gave her a sealed envelope which contained a key and a note.

When she walked into the room, there was a suitcase and outfit on the bed for her. She opened the suitcase to reveal a new specially modified sniper rifle with a silencer and a note that said "be ready by 10:30, we move in at 12 noon. Lily smiled and said "good to be back" before looking at her rifle and saying "now let's make sure you're functioning nice and smoothly...wouldn't want any fuckups or setups" but unfortunately, that would be the case tomorrow.