★chapter 4★

stars

chapter 4

tw:

sexual mentions, smoking addiction, underage drinking US, anything else that i forgot to mention

Sweaty bodies moved against each other in a sloppy way. Drinks held high up to the roof as the mess of people dance to the blasting music in the background.

Scarlett was not included in this.

Scarlett had found herself in a secure and safe spot next to Nick Sturniolo. Where she couldn't be hit on or asked to dance. Which has already happened several times as she could feel eyes staring at her. Nick was casually flirting with a boy as Scarlett observed the room of drunken teenagers.

Sadie's auburn hair glistened under the flashing lights as she danced with Millie who moved her hips to the beat which attracted the attention of Finn who had completely stopped dancing to stare. Noah was at the drink table with Caleb the two of them sucked into a conversation. One boy in particular caught her attention.

A girl had herself draped over Louis as he was enthralled by the raven's neck. Scarlett tried to ignore the grinding of her teeth at the sight as well as the shiver that ran up her spine as she thought of herself in the girl's place. Yet she couldn't pull her eyes away. The boy looked up from the girl's neck finding her eyes the chocolate of his eyes meeting hers. His face contorted into a smirk an amused glint in his eyes mixed with a flair of flirtation. He winked, his lips trailing up to the girl's lips, kissing her not breaking eye contact once.

Now Scarlett was bitter.

Scarlett sprung up annoyance clear on her expressions, stomping up to one of the boys in the corner that she had noticed was staring at her. He grinned lazily at her through unruly mess of black hair. He was obviously drunk so it's not like he'll remember right? She was not one to take advantage of people, so she asked anyway. "Uh, so- like can I kiss you to get back at someone?" nerves were etched to her face. It was embarrassing enough to go up to him. But to ask to kiss him because of a little competition wasn't fair. The boy shrugged his hand lifting up to cup her cheek.

Scarlett ignored the pit in her stomach as they began to kiss. She could feel Louis' eyes burning in to her back . Grinning to herself she brought her hand to the boy's hair deepening the kiss. The world seemed to blur then. Obviously more drunk than she assumed.

The drinks took over leaving her lost in the drunken kiss.

Jealousy

This is what evaded Louis' feelings as he watched Scarlett make out with a random. Yet Louis hadn't identified this feeling.

He was burning holes into the girl's leather covered back. The girl who had been in front of him disappeared at the sight of the raven-haired goddess like woman.

Scarlett fucking Ryder who he had basically glued his eyes to all night. It was absolutely impossible to ignore her and her beauty. As he was going about with a few girls, Scarlett was sitting alone completely at peace in her own mind. He would kill to look into her mind to see what she had been observing.

Watching as the girl pulled away from the man and sauntered off towards the back door. He himself had pulled away the brunette he had entrapped himself with quick to follow her.

He stopped in the doorway of the backdoor observing the backyard. The atmosphere was much different out here. There were couples in the pool, fairy lights glowing above the green of the grass. But most important Scarlett who had a cigarette between her lips and a lighter in her hand. Staring at the flame that erupted from the lighter.

"Hello darling." he spoke smoothly despite the drinks he had swallowed. The girl shifted around to look at him raising her lighter in greeting. Moving next to girl her turned to lean against the railing of the platform looking at the girl as she took an inhale of the cigarette, blowing white smoke out after. She offered the cigarette to him in a gesture. "Not, a smoker darling. If you wanted my lips on yours, you could have just asked." he spoke with a slightly suggestive tone.

She rolled her eyes maneuvering to look at him. "Merde. (shit.)" she muttered under her breath, her eyes flicked over his frame, making his way to her face she took another breathe of the smoke. Meeting his eyes as he lifts an eyebrow. "You have a gigantic ego, and I will not stroke it."

"I could find other things for you to stroke." he winked at the end as he watched a flush color her cheeks. "Do I fluster you darling?" a teasing tone in his voice.

"You wish, Partridge." she rolled her eyes for the millionth times, "It's just the alcohol." He lifts his hand to her face bringing her face to look at his, bringing them closer together. Looking between her eyes to the blush on her cheeks.

"You sure about that, love?" he whispers yet she could still hear due to the close proximity. Watching in amusement as her cheeks turned a darker rose. Chuckling he grabbed the cigarette from her lips rubbing it against the wood of the railing watching as it burnt out. "Bye, darling." he winked at Scarlett as he walked back into the house.

a/n

i promise the next chapter will be longer i just realized how short these chapters are! anyway hope you guys have a amazing day! love you all

xoxo, cam