THIRTY NINE

(CHAPTER 39 - THE TURN OF THE TIDE)

🦢🗡

Inside the clock tower, Eva and Theo were stood on either side of Captain Hook, who had a sack over his head, "Actually, I prefer it with the lights on," Eva pulled the sack off his head, "I've spent enough time below deck to not be afraid of the dark, so if this is your idea of torture, well you're just gonna have to try a little harder," Captain Hook said.

"Torture you? No, we just want to offer you a job," Eva said.

"Oh, and then you're gonna let me go?" he laughed, "Oh, I'm sorry, I already did that last job. I killed Rumplestiltskin. I'm sated, replete, my life's purpose met," Captain Hook said.

"I wish I could have been there, to see you stab the Dark One," Theo said with a smirk.

"Well, look who's up to speed," Captain Hook said.

"I'm a quick learner," Theo said.

"Then you know my work is done!" Captain Hook said.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Take a look," Eva said and she and Theo pushed the Captain's chair to the window, then handed him a telescope to look through.

Captain Hook looked through it, seeing Mr Gold and Lacey walking down Main Street together, "No. No!" He said.

"He's alive, Hook," Theo said.

"He beat you. Now this guy has some powerful magic here, mate. He's untouchable. You'll never get another chance to take him down," Eva said.

"Oh, I will. I will indeed," Captain Hook said.

"Not unless we help you," Theo said.

"How can you help me?" Captain Hook asked.

"We know how to kill magical creatures," Theo said.

"And the price?" Captain Hook questioned.

"I need you to help me find someone. My father, he was taken in this town a long time ago," Eva said.

"Why the bloody hell do you think I'll be able to help you find your father?" Captain Hook asked.

"Because you know the woman who took him...Regina. Do we have a deal?" Eva asked.

Theo's phone rang and he took it out as the other two looked at him, "It's Alana," he opened the text, "Athena...she's dead," he looked at Eva, "Her body is missing," Theo said.

"Which one is she again...oh, the triplet! The one that was with August," Eva said.

"She died a few hours ago," Theo said.

"Athena..." they looked at the pirate, "She's been all over the realms, she can't just die," Captain Hook said.

"Well, she has, Hook and her body is missing. Now, do we have a deal?" Eva asked.

Flashback

Athena walked down the docks and entered a tavern, where she scanned the room until she spotted the person she was looking for and walked up to them, "Welcome back, Captain," She said with a smile.

The Captain turned to her and smiled, "Now, this is a welcome home gift," he held out his hand, "Please, join me and the crew," Captain Hook said.

Athena took his hand and he pulled her onto his lap, "So, where's your next adventure?" She asked him.

"Trying to get rid of me already, love?" Captain Hook questioned.