Chapter 6: Dungeons and Dragons

you're outfit for this chapter (pick one you like)

p

p.s imagine it in the same red as the dress pls.

(personally i chose this one while writing the chapter but you can pick the dress too if that seems more realistic to you.)

beginning:

I'd been travelling up a mountain to meet up with an old friend, Borch, the last gold dragon I've known since he was a child. Adonis was getting tired so I jumped off of her back.

As i was walking i heard voices off in the distance, one in particular that i knew quite well actually, and hadn't heard in months, although, he smelled quite strange...

i got closer and they were standing on the cliffside above me, not being able to see me, he was talking to a woman with dark hair and a grey outfit.

"Yennefer...do not tell me that you came all this way, for made up fertility cures using fresh dragon hearts?" Geralt said.

"they're not made up!" she exclaimed at him. "they are." he assured. "and seriously, you? a mother?" he asked her.

"what? you think I'd be a bad one?" she asked annoyed, i heard geralt setting his sword down with a reply, "definitely."

I motioned for Adonis to jump and i followed her up onto the ledge they'd been arguing on. "you two done arguing like children?"  i said, intending for a pun.

"y/n... you're here. why?" geralt asked in his usual monotone voice. "meeting up with an old friend. Seems you're doing the same, quite a particularly strange place for a date, isn't it?" i stated whilst getting my gear from Adonis and attaching my equipment to my outfit.

"I'm... We're here to find the dragon, nothing else." he said while looking at the girl next to him. "y/n please, come with us, i can't imagine of losing you again, its been months." he told me sincerely.

but he lacked to provide me with loyalty. he reeked of the girl next to him's blossomy scent, and guilt, being a witcher i could smell even the faintest tones, where his skills lacked obviously.

"I've no reason to believe you've been faithful to one, geralt. I can smell your stench all the way across the bloody mountain." i said as i got onto Adonis and left him behind with his... girl.

i heard him calling to me from a distance as i continued. "just keep going Adonis, we'll be there soon." i said as we galloped up the mountain.

_time skip_

when i arrived at the cave he'd lived in, i saw him standing there with his bodyguards, Teà and Veà, i called out to him and he smiled widely.

"welcome back y/n! how I've missed you my dear." he said as i gave him a hug, nodding to the women behind him.

"is there something happening that i wasn't informed of?"i asked since his heart beat was off.

"yes, a group of people, including a witcher, will be arriving shortly, they're searching for the dragon, as you know, that's me, so I'll be changing form now, but I have no doubt you'll keep me safe if needed." he said as his gold scales emerged and his body restructured. i smiled and walked over to the maidens.

"Greetings, I'm Y/n of Zeldona. You must be Teà and Veà." i said and they faced me and greeted me. "ah yes, we've heard alot of you." Teà said, to which Veà continued, "if we must fight alongside such great warrior in battle, we shall be more than grateful to die at your side."

i smiled and thanked them.

just then the liar and his mage emerged from the cliff. "hello there." the mage spoke as she walked side by side by Geralt.

The bodyguards stepped forward, not allowing them to come closer. I chose to keep myself busy with other things than to speak with them.

more people arrived and a fight broke out, i was probably obligated to take part in. I tore them limb from limb, soaking my outfit in blood, wasn't really noticeable since my clothes are red but eh.

i was so lost in battle that i hadn't noticed i was next to Geralt the entire time, protecting him more than the dragon. i sighed and swept myself away to get closer to Borch.

when the fight was over, i saw the mage laying on the ground, leaking blood. "hey, mage! you alright?" i asked from inside the cave

she didn't reply and Geralt was nowhere to be seen, probably still fighting some random bastard. i ran over to her, seeing she was losing alot of blood.

"dear god." i was getting drowsy from the smell of her blood but recited the oldest, most powerful elder magic i knew of.

"i healed your entire body, including your... birthing problem." I said, to be fully honest it was an accidental fix. Fortunately it cannot work on me since i am dead, and a witcher, so i wasn't even born with a womb. Only the unfortunate souls are born with them apparently.

She bursted into tears. I stepped back and tilted my head, had i done something wrong?

"After all this time...after everything i tried to fix it, you were the answer? Gods, I would've hung around with Geralt sooner if i knew you were the answer, how can I ever repay you?" a smirk grew onto my face as i knelt onto her level.

"Do not ever come near Geralt again. He's not your destiny, but he is mine. You will find yours, it may even take you 1,195 years as it did for me." i said as i helped her up.

she hesitated at first but eventually decided to agree and shook my hand, "mage to mage, witch to witch, i will grant you your perceiving wish." she said with glistening eyes.

It rhymes, so it's good.