Chapter 6 - Jealousy

In walked my Soldat with the redheaded girl. Was this who he moved on to?  My eyes instantly started to tear up. God, I haven't seen him in so long. He looked so different, so happy without me. His cold gaze was almost non-existent, replaced with a warm look of contempt and confusion. The redhead was studying me but I didn't care, all my attention towards Soldat. A single tear swelled and fell down my cheek before I completely shut off all my emotions and masked my sadness with a stone-cold gaze.

"Miss Banks, if that's your real name, we need you to tell us who sent you. We escaped organizations much like yours and I can tell you, it gets better and you can heal." said the redhead soothingly, as if I could break at any given second.

I just stared blankly at her remembering what HYDRA taught me, "die before revealing us", it was one of the most basic rules and even if I did release their name, I would be killed for treason so I was better off suffering through their punishments rather than HYDRA's. My mind quickly flashed to the horrors of the punishment room. They would drag you into a concrete room and leave you there, naked and freezing. Then, they would throw in another "experiment" and make us fight to the death. Their blood smeared across the walls and as they begged for mercy, you snapped their fragile bones like it was nothing. It felt like nothing. I was a monster, no I am a monster...

I crashed down from my flashback to find both Avengers staring intently at me. Suddenly, Soldat stormed out of the room and in walked the guy from the park, Sam I think? He entered and showed the woman a file before glancing up at me and briskly walking away. He is one of my soulmates but the way he looked at me, like dirt, like a monster.

"Olivia we know who you are and we want to help."

"..." I must stay quiet, I will be rewarded if I do.

"We only want to help you understand what's going on. We aren't going to hurt you, ok? " Her tone was soft and felt true but she was a spy after all. How did I know that?

I sighed and just stared towards the floor. I looked up and carried her gaze which was full of love and honesty.

"Take off the cuffs," I demanded not breaking eye contact. "They hurt."

Pretty lame excuse if I'm honest but I couldn't think of anything else.

"I can't do that," she replied, keeping a level head.

"Don't you trust me?" I counter-backed.

She hesitated before walking out, leaving me alone again. Why couldn't I have a normal life? I leaned back in my chair, accepting defeat and slouching. I was done with everything, I hadn't realized how mentally exhausted I was until I fully relaxed in peace.

But alas that small amount of peace was interrupted by the loud booming of the doors being forced open and in walks Fury again. He just couldn't stay away from me. He opened my cell door and slammed it shut, locking himself into it as well. Has he finally lost the plot?

"Tell me who sent you!" he demanded with pure rage lacing his voice.  Spit flew from his mouth, practically in my mouth. Ew, disgusting. His veins were very evident on his shiny head.

I didn't answer, one, because why would I tell him, and two, I was shocked by the volume and velocity of his voice. To me, he was a calm and collected person but apparently, I was wrong.

"NOW!" he stepped forward, creeping towards me.

All of a sudden, I felt a light sting across my cheek. He slapped me! The fucker slapped me?!

I rose to my feet and kneed him in the nuts while also all the floor to swallow his feet because my powers magically returned. Thank the Lord! As he was bent over in utter pain, I swiped his key chain and released myself from the cell, locking him in it as he struggled to break free from the concrete surrounding his feet. I was tempted to make the earth swallow him up but I clearly didn't have enough time.

I ripped apart the cuffs and made my way toward the door, feeling free and much more powerful than before. I quickly teleported to a dark corner of the tower's lobby, making sure not to startle any guards on duty. I was handed a small disposable phone through the thick crowd, someone was on the line, and as I raised the phone to my ear an arrow shot through it smashing it to bits. I duck and take cover as the archer perches from one of the upper windows with an arrow poised and ready to shoot. I take a closer look and it's Clint sitting there with a bow and arrow, trying to kill me. Damn, didn't know he had it in him.

I look around the crowd to find two super soldiers marching through the crowd, directly toward me. Sorta scary not gonna lie. I instinctively ran to the door and attempted to escape the tower because I knew that even though I have enhanced strength, I could not take down two very muscular super soldiers. I hear a helicopter outside, hoping that it was HYDRA, I ran towards the sound. Exiting the building was easier said than done as SHIELD agents guarded every inch of it with AK-47s ready to shoot. All of a sudden, the glass surrounding the lobby was shattered by a machine gun, I ducked just narrowly missing stray bullets. I felt someone grab and drag me away from the guns, my head started getting heavier as I looked down to see at least three bullet holes in my abdomen. I tried to turn around to see whoever was dragging me and saw Captain America with his arm around my waist, practically carrying me towards the elevator. Butterflies erupted as his grip tightened while another round of bullets was fired from outside.

If it wasn't for the unfortunate incident occurring, I would have completely fallen in love with this man. It was nice having someone care about you...