Season 1 - Chapter 4: Trial By Battle!

"Now, looking at these four English sentences, could any of you tell me which of them is wrong and why?" Present Mic asked Class 1-A, his voice lacking the usual upbeat loudness it was known for.

'Such a normal class...is too boring!' Some students thought amongst the silence.

Present Mic interrupted everyone's thoughts as his voice raised up to its normal booming tone. "Look alive, everyone! Let's get this party starteeeed!"

(Y/n) huffed in his seat, bored out of his mind but still trying to paying attention. 'Of course we'd have normal classes too, this is a school after all.'

He lazily looked at the board, then raised his hand up. 'Anything to combat boredom I guess.'

"Okay, Kurosaki, come on!" Mic pointed at him with the piece of chalk.

"In the fourth one, the relative pronoun is in the wrong place. It should be 'Please tell me all that you know'."

"That is..." Present mic leaned back, grinning excitedly. "Absolutely correct, my dear listener! Nice job!"

(Y/n) sweat dropped at the Pro's antics. "Yeah, thanks Teach."

From his left, Momo looked past Todoroki and at him while lowering her half-raised hand. Even if she didn't appreciate the way he nonchalantly addressed the teacher, she was still impressed at his knowledge. One of the characteristics she respected the most on people, especially on her peers.

In front of him, Rukia was surprised at his words, not expecting him of all people to be knowledgeable. She thought of him as a very adept combatant, but also assumed that was the limit to his skills due to his rowdy personality.

So as the teacher turned back to the board, she leaned forward and poked him a bit to catch his attention, whispering his name.

"Psst, (Y/n)." He hummed in acknowledgment, turning his body a little and glancing at her without changing his expression. "I'm curious, what score did you get on the written test."

"Are you sure you should be asking these things in the middle of class?" He whispered back, irking Rukia a bit, who told him to just answer the question. "If you gotta know, it was a perfect score."

He turned his eyes to the board once again, as Rukia froze (pun intended) on the spot. 'Perfect?! What the hell! He's that smart?!'

She herself had gotten around 95% score due to all the studying her brother made her do ever since she could remember. 'But to be toppled by this...this delinquent?!'

She shook her head to try and dispel those thoughts. If he could do something like that, so could she. 'I just need to work harder and catch up!'

-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-
Using this cut to show y'all 1-A's seating chart.