Season 1 - Chapter 2: Aim For The Top, Then Shoot

Usually, during the morning hours, the only sound that could be heard in the Kurosaki clinic was Yuzu's loud snoring.

Karin was accustomed to this, since they had shared a room ever since they were babies. She was able to fully ignore her sister and sleep comfortably, but today was an exception.

A foreign sound invaded the room one that could be heard even through her sister's noisy breathing-She was starting to doubt Yuzu was actually quirkless, and that her power had something to do with sound.

What she was currently hearing was the easily recognizable sound of punches and kicks outside her closed window. She groaned, and covered both her ears with the pillow.

'We have school today, goddamnit! Stop being so loud!' She groaned once again, trying to go back to sleep. She'd have to punch those two bozos later to teach them a lesson.

Outside the clinic, in their backyard, father and son were trading blows under the dimly lit sky, still not fully illuminated by the sun.

Isshin jabbed at (Y/n)'s face, but he grabbed the fist and jumped up to knee his father in the face. The older man threw his head back, but his son was prepared, and launched a punch at his face with his free hand.

With his feet planted firmly on the ground, Isshin leaned back and flinged (Y/n) a couple meters away. The teen rolled on the ground, getting up and instantly turning back, only to see his father standing there, smiling at him.

Isshin started to clap and laugh. "You did great, (Y/n)! It seems all those years of training did you well."

"Well, yeah, the sensei at the dojo was pretty thorough in his lessons." (Y/n) thought back to all the times he and Tatsuki would train together.

He had stopped going every day after his mother's passing, but he still went there at least twice a week.

"I'm not talking about your time at the dojo." Isshin pointed to himself. "I'm talking about my training! Am I a good trainer or what?" He laughed once again.

But (Y/n) didn't find it funny, deadpanning at his father. "If by training you mean assaulting me out of nowhere every day since I was 10, then yes, you're great."

Isshin smirked, then disappeared from (Y/n)'s vision. The teenager widened his eyes, as his father's fist impacted on his chest, sending him flying a good distance back.

He panted on the ground, a dull pain spreading around the area where he got hit. The punch held a strength he wasn't expecting from his father.

Said man stood some feet away from his son, looking at his hand. His knuckles were a bit bruised.

"Activating your quirk just before the attack landed. It seems you can react subconsciously to superhuman speed." He chuckled as (Y/n) stood up, a hand over the center of his torso. "That's good, but will it be enough?"

They both knew the answer, and as Isshin's smug smile met (Y/n)'s scowl, they lunged at each other again.

-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-·-

"Good morning, big brother!" Yuzu greeted as (Y/n) sat down in the table, sporting some bruises in his face along with bags under his eyes.

On the other side of the table, Isshin smiled while he ate some bacon, a big red bump on top of his head. Beside him, Karin ate her breakfast while glaring at her father.

(Y/n) glared at his father through his tired eyes. He didn't know Goat Face was so powerful. His Mother had told him he was a hero in training before he dropped out of the hero course to pursue medical education, but he wasn't expecting him to hit like a truck and move so fast his eyes could barely catch on.