3.5 - fuK u lol

(IMPORTANT: This is outside of Chloe's pov, which is why it's called chapter 3.5...it is in third person, following Christi and Kelly. There may be more chapters like this in the future.)
- - - -

"You won't believe what Chloe just told me," Christi Lukasiak cackled over the phone, FaceTiming with none other than her partner in crime, Kelly Hyland. "And this is going to make me an awful mother for telling you this, so please don't tell anyone, or even hint at it to anyone." Christi felt like a middle school gossip girl whenever she talked to her best friend, and she loved it.

"It can't be worse than anything we've discussed before," Kelly responded, taking a sip of her rum and coke. She was simple when it came to alcohol; not very creative, or into sweet drinks. "What is it?" she pressed further.

"Chloe told me about Paige visting her," Christi began, but before she could continue, Kelly interrupted.

"Oh my God, let me tell you first"—she pushed away her drink—"Paige cried on the phone for at least three hours with me about it when she and Jay got back to their hotel."

"Aw, really?" Christi pouted. She never liked to see her girls cry; they had endured so much, since they were little. At least big, fat Abby wasn't there that time to scold Paige for shedding tears.

"Yeah, she felt really bad. But what were you going to say about it?" Kelly asked. "You're laughing for a reason."

"Brook was jealous, Kel," Christi's eyebrows were raised with purpose. "Like Chloe's girlfriend. She was raging jealous. And when she came into the room when Chloe and I were talking, Chloe fell absolutely silent. All the joy gone from her face when she saw her. And that's not why I was laughing, obviously that's horrible, but God, Brook jealous..."

"Shit," Kelly said, reaching for her drink again.

"Yeah, it was super awkward!" The other woman shook her head. "But finally...I think finally, Chloe's realizing Brook isn't the one." She visibly winced when she said the last part, feeling like an awful mother for disapproving of her daughter's new fiancee. The truth was, she never fully liked Brook. She was over the moon for Chloe for figuring out her sexuality, but wished she would have explored other women; to put it frankly, Christi thought Brook was toxic.

"Really?" Kelly asked. "I'm really glad, if that's the case. Honestly, I tried not to judge too much from what I've heard about her, which is really hard for me because I'm a bitch..." she and Christi both laughed, "...but she must have made Paige feel bad today if she made her cry to me like that."

Christi nodded. "And I can't believe she acted like that."

"I know!" Kelly's eyes widened, mirroring the shock she had on her face earlier when Paige told her what happened when she left Chloe's apartment. "I can't believe she thought to say that to her. Chloe and Paige have been friends for decades now!"

"For real," Christi shook her head and pursed her lips. "You should tell her to tell Chloe she said that."

"I just don't know if she wants to get involved."

"Make her. I'm tired of it." Christi rolled her eyes. "But I get it if she doesn't want to. I can, if you want. I'll be the big, bad mom—"

"Shut up, Christi," Kelly laughed. "I'll tell her to, but I can't control if she does or not."

"I know," Christi smiled at her lap, feeling love for her friend. Then, a thought crossed her mind that she hadn't spoken aloud before, but decided to then. "Kelly, wouldn't it be funny if Paige and Chloe dated? They've always been little soulmates, since they were three." She was slightly afraid of Kelly's reaction, since Paige was straight and with a man. She knew her friend was a 'woke mom', but wasn't sure how she would react to her own kids being gay.

"I'd finally have a reason to visit Los Angeles," Kelly took a drink. "and I think it'd make sense, honestly. But I love Jayvon, he's a part of the family for sure."

"I know, I was only kidding." Christi smiled. "But anyway, I'm going to go to bed. I've got my little business to run in the morning. Call you again Monday morning, for Back to the Barre?"

"Yeah," Kelly waved. "Love you!"

"Love you too!"'

- - - -
a/n
this was an idea i had while writing the last chapter. i think giving the mom's input every few chapters is a cool idea, just for funsies and for them to ship their children.
plus i loveeee writing christi and kelly, theyre hilarious. i feel like fuK u lol by corpse is their song bruh. got a couple of bad bitches comin thru rn
but hm...what TF did brook say to paige?
the next chapter will be in chloe's pov!! love all one of u reading this<3