002. dear god, S.O.S

𝙱𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙰𝙻 002. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

╭──╯. .𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚐𝚘𝚍, 𝚂.𝙾.𝚂. .╰──╮

Wren can still feel the burning, bubbling anxiety, only now it's the aftermath of it rather than the beginning.

After the Doctor collapsed, and the group got him back inside, Wren had all but burst into tears and Jackie, seeing the girl in an almost hysterical state, sat her down on the couch, made her some food and ordered her to get some rest. Finn and Maddy weren't exactly helpful in that situation and although they weren't the best of friends, they stayed with her until she ended up falling asleep on the couch.

Now she's outside. It's early morning and It's chilly, but not cold enough that she's worried about needing a coat. She leans over the terrace, and it reminds her of the fucking Santa debacle, and she still feels like vomiting.

Jackie had offered to ring her mum, tell her to come and pick her up but Wren protested. If anyone was going to talk to Diana Sterling, it'd to be her, because at least that way she can lie over the phone and tell her everything's fine.

Everything is not fine, and Wren feels like she could potentially die at any given moment but she's gone through so much trouble to find her father that there's no use in quitting now.

"No.. No mum. I can't come home. I-I can't, not yet. Look, it's safer for me to stay here with the Tylers than for me to walk back by myself right now." Wren scratches at an old scar on her elbow as she holds the phone up to her ear "you know I'm right."

The voice of her mother on the other end is scratchy, but still easy to understand "Mahal, since when have you visited the Tylers? I know you work with Rose but that doesn't mean you're friends. And besides, it's Christmas! you should be home with me and Michael." there's a brief pause, some shuffling and then Wren can hear her mothers boyfriend somewhere in the background "Merry Christmas Wren! hey, you know I made those red pork tamales you like so much."

Wren's forehead comes forward against the bannister, its cold metal cooling her for a moment. She glances down at the street, looking at a graffiti tag on an old wooden fence that reads MOONLIGHT WILL SAVE THE UNIVERSE. Wren's eyebrows furrow at the strange wording. "Hi Michael, Merry Christmas, and thanks I appreciate it.. and mum... Well, first of all, we begin our Christmas traditions in September so I'm not exactly missing out on anything." she drawls, thinking of the Filipino standard her mother makes them practice every year. "And second of all, I've become.. closer with the Tylers pretty recently. Finn, Rose's brother, especially."