001. lesson one: mother knows best

𝙱𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙰𝙻 001. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

╭──╯. . 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚗𝚎: 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝. .╰──╮

Wren fears she may have made a mistake.

And it had all happened because Wren just had to go and play detective! But, to be fair, if her mother had just simply answered her questions then she wouldn't have had to play detective in the first place.

She wouldn't have had to go through her old journals, and she wouldn't have found out that it's very likely a literal alien is her father, and she wouldn't have had to go to some random man's house to find out information about him, and she wouldn't be standing at Powell state as she works up the courage to knock on the door of the Tylers family apartment... It was all very up in the air of who was to blame for all of this.

At least that's what Wren has been telling herself for the last five or so minutes as she paces. Was this because Wren doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and having to face the fact that she has almost definitely made a mistake is far too terrifying a truth for her? Well... she's not one to say, really.

"Okay... it's okay." Wren takes a deep breath but it does little to calm her beating heart

"you're fine, it's just a question, y'know? Just be like.. 'Hey! Do you happen to know an alien called the Doctor cause I think he's my dad!' oh fuck no, I cannot say that, jesus...'

Yeah.. she's definitely made a mistake. But then it's too late because as Wren continues to word vomit to herself, the door opens. Wren jolts back, letting out a startled groan. A boy who looks around the same age stands at the door, eyes fixed on Wren for a moment before he pops his head out and looks to both sides of the corridor

"Who you talkin' to?" he asks, looking back at Wren

"Myself. Who do you think?" Wren remarks as though it were an obvious answer "there's no one else here, is there?"

"Dunno Wren," he shrugs "maybe you're just mental."

Wren's eyes narrow slightly "How'd you know my name?"

The boy turns and scoffs, his jaw clenching slightly before he looks at her again "we go to school together. I'm Finn. Though I wouldn't expect the Queen of Woodley Grammar to know that."

Oh. of course, Finn Tyler. He's in her year, and he's Rose Tyler's younger brother. Wren could feel her cheeks heat with embarrassment at the fact she didn't recognise him "Oh, right. Sorry, didn't recognise you without your uniform."