2

——————-LAYA ROSÈ ——————-
|Setting| Back story
📍Largo Drive Apartment complex
Savannah, Georgia
12 years ago / 2014
Age 9
——————————————————

|| Next Day|| 3:00pm

Wake up out of my sleep, feeling a little strange like something wasn't right, I overslept again mommy will get mad, she likes when I'm away at school so she doesn't have to see my face all day.

Opened my eyes to see two boys eating McDonald's in front of the tv watching the Disney channel realizing they were Mr. Chris son's Slowly lifting up, I looked around before I looked back at them.

"Where's momma?", I said remembering last night I just wanted to make sure she was okay they looked at me like they saw a ghost.

"I told you she wasn't dead stupid," one said as I looked at him strangely.
Dead? Why would I be dead?

Did I go to school? I don't remember going to school.

" oh well fat people always feel long and she was snoring like a pig", he said as I frowned zion always said mean things and picked on me when he came over.

" stop before we get in trouble and be nice she's not even fat you say that about all the girls you think cute stupid" the Deion said

" I do not like her and I'm not stupid," zion said hitting him as they started fighting.

I was so confused right now I got up from the couch and walked to my mom's room knocking on the door, my momma opened the door instantly rolling her eyes at me.

"ROSÈ?" she said I looked at her confused she doesn't look hurt or in pain but I know what I saw last night, she was bleeding and everything now she had makeup on and her hair was done she looked back normal.

"laya what the fuck do you want?", she said now back yelling at me as I saw Mr. Chris walk behind her as her whole attitude changed.

"wassup princess I see you finally woke, how are you feeling," Mr.Chris said trying to pick me up I stepped back a little bit watching his facial expression soften at my behavior.

"GET OFF ME BITCH ASS NIGGA," we all heard quickly turning around and hearing glass break.

"I DIDN'T DO IT I PROMISE", I yelled out of habit looking at her momma rushing passed me as Mr. Chris also rushed to the front following.

"OH SO YALL IN HERE FIGHTING?", he yelled I had never seen him get angry at kids before only grown-ups.

"HE CALLED ME STUPID"...... "HE HIT ME FIRST", they both said at the same time.

Mr. Chris made them stand in the corner of the house after he hit them with his belt twice, then he picked up the broken vase throwing it away.

"AND YOU WHY YOU NOT WEARING NO CLOTHES WITH YO FAST ASS TRYNNA BE GROWN BECAUSE YOU SEE BOYS," my momma said now at me as I looked at her like she was confused.

"CARMEN FUCK YOU JUST SAY TO HER?", Mr.Chris said"nothing daddy I just told her to change her clothes it's the afternoon," she said rolling her eyes bumping me, and walking back into her room.

I sighed as he came to me squatting "wanna ride time to the sto" he said saying store funny I laughed nodding my head.

"Can you go get clothes from mommy's room she will get mad at me if I go in there" I said as he nodded.