Terror

"Incoming communications request from DEM."

"Accept it." 

Kotori replied to Maria while feigning calm. Right now, their priority was finding Artemisia, but listening to whatever Westcott had to say would probably be important.
As expected, in the next instant, the large screen showed Westcott's smiling face, exuding confidence.
At the same time, Shido felt as if he had forgotten something that was very, very important.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Reine Murasame." 

Surprisingly, Westcott ignored Kotori outright, instead addressing Reine directly. There was clearly an ulterior motive behind it, but it was too late to put a stop to.

"Isaac Westcott. The commander is over there, if you haven't noticed." 

"No, I was talking to you, Reine. Or should I say, Mio Takamiya, the Spirit of Origin?" 

The air seemed to freeze over. The Fraxinus crew apart from most of the Spirits and Shido stopped what they were doing, turning to Reine with confused frowns. Those in the know weren't surprised by the information itself, but by the suddenness of Westcott's words.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I am no Spirit. Could you please explain what you mean?"

Reine replied evenly, not letting a hint through of her real feelings. Seeing this, Westcott only laughed.

"There's no need to continue the act, Takamiya. Shido Itsuka already knows. He and most of the people around you have known since before Tohka was sealed. All thanks to the power of Zafkiel."

Reine's head snapped to Shido, who took a step back. Despite his efforts, in the end, Reine had figured it out. Her eyes showed no doubt in them. Every puzzle piece had clicked into place in her mind.

"....Shin. Could you explain?"

"Explain what?! Reine, what's happening?"

His attempt to feign ignorance failed miserably.

"So you used Zafkiel somehow? The sixth bullet, I assume?"

The console that Reine was touching exploded in a shower of sparks against her hand. Unfortunately, it failed to do any significant damage. Kotori grimaced.

"Reine! Stop it!"

Ignoring her shout, Reine stood up in front of everyone, raising her arms and causing Reiryoku to start to swirl around her. Shido panicked, realizing that he couldn't allow her to summon her Astral Dress. The second she did, everything would be over. Their attacks wouldn't reach her anymore. Without thinking, he summoned his Angels.

Everyone was blown back by a sudden bang, originating from where Shido had been. He had charged forward at the still-busy Reine, summoning Camael and Sandalphon along the way. His charge, strengthened with Raphael reached Reine without giving her time to react.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

With a half scream, he swung with both weapons at her figure, causing a small explosion that obscured his view. Unfortunately, Reine managed to barely jump to the side, only losing an arm in the process. An instant later, the silvery white Astral Dress formed around her, along with the arm she had lost regrowing.
She touched the ground as if she had never been hurt.

"Impressive, Shin. That was close. It seems like you have the full power of those Angels, though. What happened there?"

"Hahahaha! That was a beautiful show. I'd expect no less from you." 

Westcott was still on the large screen, laughing as he saw the events happening in front of him.  That was part one of his plan complete. Why wouldn't he be happy?
Remembering him, Reine turned back to the screen.