- CHAPTER 8: Revolting Children -

I woke up early to unaudible voices of talking. It came from outside my house..
I looked outside and saw everyone reading the daily paper for today. They all were crossing the street but still were reading it.
"..Huh." I mumbled, wondering what it was. I sighed and changed into my uniform, putting on my signature red beret. I left my room to downstairs to find that my parents weren't home?
Weird.
On the table there was a sticky note so I quickly read it.

"At parents meeting for Crunchem Hall in Ms Hale's house. See you after school! xx'

What?
A parent meeting? That never existed.
Something wasn't right.

I made breakfast and ate it before leaving with my book bag. My mind was hazy, I was exhausted from last night. I never knew I could run that fast. As I walked down the several paths to school I had remembered everything from last night. The lizards, bugs and the 'discipline' lesson for me. Atleast I gave her a discipline lesson.
I finally got through the gate and stood there shocked. Our jungle gym was..
"Gone! It's gone!" Molly wept while Gwyneth stood beside her.
"But— but why?" I mumbled, seeing how upset the kids were. But then I remembered.
Chokey.

I looked over at Matilda and Bruce. Bruce looked at Matilda and she looked like she had no sympathy for what she had done to the Chokey. Out of nowhere, the intercom once again screeched.

"Ms Honey's class and Hortensia Buckets, get to the canteen instantly. The rest of you, get to class NOW."

She sounded furious.
I looked over at Matilda and Bruce once again and they shrugged.
I left to the canteen and there were tables formed like Ms Honey's class. Once she saw me enter she gave me an enraged look and pointed for me to come up to the stage.
I gulped and left up to the stage where I stood behind her.

"Children.." Miss Trunchbull begun. "How can I be your headmistress if I cannot chill you to the bone..? If the small ones don't pee just a little when I walk into the room.. well.. then I'm — failing as an educator." She called out to us all coldly.
"So.. today we are going to have a spelling test. And any child who gets one single answer wrong.. goes to Chokey."
"You can't do that!" I yelled.
"Oh, really.. why? Because of yesterday's little.." She turned around to me and made a little explosion gesture thing with her hands. "..incident, you mean? Take a seat, child. I'll deal with you later." She pointed to a seat and I rushed down, sitting on my seat beside Bruce.

"Anyway, Hortensia.. I can do that. Surprise!" She pulled a lever and a way worse chokey was underneath the stage. "I would've made it not as bad but.. someone was responsible for the dark room." She glared at me.

"YOU!"
She pointed at one of Matilda's friends, Eric, and he immediately stood up, terrified.
"Spell — oh, let me see.. Newt."
"Newt. N-E-W-T. Newt." He spelled out.
"What..? How— How do you know that!?" She shook her head in disbelief.
"Miss Honey's taught us. She's very good at teaching!" Eric replied.
"NONSENSE." The Trunchbull yelled and Eric sat back down quickly.
"Miss Honey's far too soft and peachy to be good at anything!"

I turned around to look out the door and saw all the prefects peeking in. I waved slightly until hearing my desk slam.
"YOU!" She yelled in my face.
I stayed in my seat to show her I wasn't afraid of her at all.
"Since your so keen on turning around.. stand up, turn around, and spell the one thing you all are. Revolting." She leaned in closely to me before I stood up and turned around, smirking. I faced the prefects who were forced to enter.
"Revolting. R-E-V-O-L-T-I-N-G. Revolting." I shrugged with a sly grin, turning to face her.
"You're cheating, Buckets!" She tried grab my arm until Miss Honey stood infront of me, gently pushing her away.
"Of course the girl's not cheating! She's simply spelling the word. Have you forgotten how she's much older than my kids?" She defended me and I stepped back.
"How DARE you yell at me, Jenny!? You know NOTHING about this girl or teaching and I shall prove it." She screamed and Miss Honey stepped back in fear, gently guiding me to my seat. I sat down and glared up at the Trunchbull.