- CHAPTER 4: How To Revolt -

I looked outside the window to find it raining hard. It would probably rain tomorrow aswell.
I started writing on the paper.

STEP ONE.

And then nothing. I don't know what I was thinking. What even could I do to revolt against Ms Trunchbull.
I shrugged and put my head down on the desk.
Eventually all this pain and suffering us kids have to suffer.
None of us should have to go through this! Especially not the kids like Bruce. Not Matilda, Not Lavender, Not Amanda, not anyone.

STEP ONE:
GATHER EVERYONE

I'm not wrong. You can't not have just one person against the Trunchbull.
We need the whole school. It'll be hard to get the prefects but I'll do my best.
Since I had step one, I needed to know how I would get everyone. It would take a lot of time. She's always in her office meaning that she's always watching.
But how would we stop her from watching.
There was only one idea I had that could work. I'd tell everyone to spread the word to meet outside the school at 8, an hour before. Then we would—

I groaned and put my head down and started humming to myself.

"And when I grow up..
I will be brave enough to fight the creatures
That you have to fight beneath the bed,
Each night to be a grown up."

I sighed and got up from my desk. This plan was crazy. I couldn't possibly put a plan like this together.
But maybe there was someone that could help?

No, definitely not any of the prefects or kids my age.
Someone younger.
Younger than me but had the same intentions.
To stop the Trunchbull once and for all.

I grabbed the piece of paper and pinned it to my board on my wall and took out another piece of paper and started writing.

'Matilda,

Meat me outside the skool at eight in the morning.
Very urjent bizness.

Hortensia'

I tried my best to spell even though I'm terrible at it. I grabbed the paper and folded it before pulling out a drawer and an envelope. I stuck it in the envelope and wrote on the back of the envelope
'MATILDA WORMWOOD'

I was about to leave my room until realising I was still grounded. The postbox was just one block away. I opened the window and climbed down my wall by a vine and hopped a fence before running down the street. I tried hide the envelope from the rain as best as I could.
I slipped it in the postbox before running back down the street and back up my wall to my room.

Fortunately, my mum asked to come in just when I climbed back in so I unlocked the door and let her in.
"Hortensia, dinner's ready." She looked down at me.
"I don't want to eat down there." I protested.
"Why?"
"Dad."
"Hortensia, look. He was just very worried about you. You aren't a horrible child, dear. You're just like me when I was your age."
"What?"
"Yep. Adventurous and badly behaved. I got along fine. Look, I know that it wasn't you with the treacle incident. After we were done the meeting the school prefects lead us out and told us how it wasn't you but you still had to have detention."

I blinked in surprise. "They said that?"
"Yes. They all looked quite depressed though." She added.
I could've told her about that room but I couldn't bring myself to. She would never believe it.
"I'll bring your food up here to you, okay hon?" She smiled and I nodded. She patted my shoulder before disappearing down the stairs. I looked out my window to seeing the postman taking all the letters and I could see mine because of the bright red envelope.

"Here you go, love." She put my plate down on my desk and smiled. "Okay. Thanks mum." I looked up at her.
"You're welcome, dear. Try eat it all." My mum grinned before leaving.
I grabbed a slice of bread and stuffed it in my bag so I could have breakfast.

I sighed and flopped down on my bed after finishing my food and slowly started to drift off to sleep...

I woke up early the next morning and it was dark and cloudy out. I hoped Matilda got the letter so I could potentially get her to help me. But then again she was just a little kid. You're probably wondering why I'm asking a five year old for help. Well, honestly, she's probably the smartest in our school. It confuses me, you'd think the prefects would be smarter than her.
I put on my uniform and of course the red beret before putting a sticky note on my front bedroom door which read
'GONE TO SCHOOL EARLY FOR A MEETING WITH A TEACHER!!!'
After putting it on the door I climbed out the window and shut it behind me before heading off to school. I prayed that Matilda had got the letter. I didn't really know what I'd do if she couldn't help, she was the smartest and probably most aware kid in her year group. I hurried along to school, starting to sprint.
Fortunately when I got there, I saw Matilda standing against the gate.

"Matilda!" I called out.
She looked up at me with confusion. "Huh? Wait, that's your name? Hortensia? Most of the kids here call you the red beret girl."
"They do? Well, yeah, that's my name." I replied.
"Oh. Alright. Well, what's the urgent business?" She asked and I sighed.
"Look.."
"I wanna take down Miss Trunchbull."