Contagious Chemistry

Author's Note: I wrote this a while ago and had it posted somewhere different but a friend had recently told me about this website so I figured I might as well just post this story here. This was my first fan fiction and I'm in the midst of thinking up a new one. I also apologize if there are any spelling errors. Thanks, Brianna. 

Let me start out by saying that I've never really been the type of girl that gets noticed easily by guys. I'm a short girl maybe around 5ft 2 with dark brown hair too my shoulders and sparkling blue eyes. I'm not the skinniest girl in the crowd; I've got some meat on my bones. But I guess I just haven't attracted the right man.

My name is Sia (see-ah) and I am 18 years old, a high school senior from Canada. I'm guessing you'd like to know exactly where this is going or maybe you're wondering just how I managed to snag a handsome man like Josh Franceschi as a boyfriend. Patience is virtue my fellow friends and if you pay attention, I'll give you every little detail, every dirty secret.

Ladies and gents, sit tight.

July 2012

"Sia, Sia! Let's go damn it. It's a concert not a fashion show." My mother yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming dammit." I hollered back at her.

Today, my friend Jess and I were going to Warped Tour over in the states. I wanted to look cute but I also wanted to look comfortable. I chose to wear a black tank with the human rib cage on it and jean shorts. My makeup was simple, eyeliner and black eye shadow. I finished up quickly and ran downstairs to meet my mother.

"You look nice." She smiled as I met her in the kitchen, along with my friend Jess who had just arrived.

"Thank you," I smiled and then hugged my friend Jess. "Are you as excited as I am?" I asked her with a huge smile.

"Probably even more so," Jess said with a smirk.

"That's not possible," I countered.

"Ladies, it's time to go," My mother interrupted the bickering and grabbed the keys from the table. The venue was only 20minutes away from the house so we arrived pretty quickly. The way there we just listened to some music of the bands that would be playing at Warped Tour this year. Since we had pre-ordered our tickets, we had the privilege of skipping the long lines and going right on in to the venue. I could hardly contain my excitement any longer when I checked the set list. You Me At Six was set to play around 1:30pm, only a couple hours to kill.

While Jess and I waited patiently for You Me At Six to play we went and saw Mayday Parade, Sleeping with Sirens and Man Overboard before breaking for a quick lunch and heading over to the stage. When we finished up our pizza and headed over to the stage where You Me At Six was playing I could not contain my excitement any longer. I was bouncing up and down and tugging on Jess's arm like a little child.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man," I chanted.

"Calm it down," Jess laughed and poked me in the ribs and began to say something else before she was interrupted by the loud screams of the crowd.

Before us the band had walked on stage. I sang all their songs at the top of my lungs with Jess as we danced like crazy children. Truly and amazing experience, I was more than happy to be here.

Most of the bands were doing meet and greets and luckily they were doing one. Near the end of their set I dragged Jess to their merch table to buy a "Sinners Never Sleep" tank top and to patiently wait in line for the meet and greet. I had no idea what I would say to Josh when I met him, my heart was pounding so fast and hard that I felt it would jump right out of my chest and onto the gravel under my feet. Jess stood beside me patiently and almost as excited as I was. Once the band had got of stage they weren't too long getting to their merch table. The girls in the line screamed with joy as the boys had come into view and got behind the table to get a drink of water and wipe the sweat from their foreheads.

As we waited in line, just a few feet away from the band, Jess and I had begun to play around. She hip checked me and I stumbled out of the line, grabbing the merch table to steady myself. I looked up and around me, embarrassed that I nearly fell over and caught one important pair of eyes staring at me with a smirk. Josh Franceschi. He smiled and shook his head and went back to talking to fans and taking pictures. The blush on my cheeks was uncontrollable as I stood back beside Jess.

"Thanks a lot man," I mumbled and playfully punched her arm.

"Well at least he noticed you." She giggled. Noticed me? I think he did a little more than notice me. Maybe silently judged would be the proper way to say it.

We were next in line behind a girl and her boyfriend and soon enough I was in front of the band. Jess had begun to talk and take pictures with the other guys while my eyes are completely fixated on Josh's.

"You alright there? You almost fell over back there," He smirked, holding back a small laugh.

"Peachy, thank you." I mumbled and glanced at the ground embarrassed.

Josh tugged at my arm and pulled me into a hug and lent his face down near my neck to whisper in my ear. "You're quite beautiful you know,"

Me? Beautiful? No such thing. I began to blush again and said a silent thank you.

Jess was continuing to take pictures with the band and then waved us closer. Josh and I joined the group for a picture. Before walking away from the group Josh grabbed my wrist to pull me into another hug.

"Stay close to the merch tent yeah? I want to see you after this line is done." He whispered into my ear, it sounded like he was smiling.

"I'll come back in 20minutes then." I smiled and began to make my way back to Jess.

In 20 minutes I was going to meet up with the singer of my favourite band. Boy's don't notice me so why did he? I was in shock but nonetheless I was thrilled.

20 minutes from now, my life would change for the better.