Chapter Ten

The next day we had awoke around 10am; we were picking Rachel up and going out for brunch at a local diner. I rolled out of the bed and walked towards the bathroom, grabbing random clothes from the room as I walked in. I stood in front of the mirror and stripped down to my underwear. I put on my tight jeans which had rips in them, a plain white V-neck and one of Josh’s plaid shirts. I put my hair up in a high bun and walked out into the main part of the room, the boys were just finishing getting ready.

“You look beautiful,” Josh smiled and got up and walking with me to the door.

“Thank you,” I smiled and took his hand.

Soon enough we were all in the car and on our way to get Rachel, it didn’t take us long to get there because I could sense that Max was impatient and wanted to see her.

We managed to arrive at Rachel’s house in one piece; she got in the front seat beside Max while Josh and I took up the backseat. Josh’s arm was draped around my shoulders, pulling me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder and put my legs on his lap and sighed.

“I think I could just hold you in my arms forever love,” Josh whispered in my ear, his accent thick. I could hear a smile in his voice. His kissed my cheek softly before just looking at me happily.

“I would be perfectly alright with that” I whispered back in his ear and smiled.

Up in the front seat Max was holding Rachel’s hand as he drove to the restaurant.

Soon enough we were there, we got out, both couples walked hand in hand and walked to a booth. We sat down and stared at the menu. I wasn’t overly hungry but I decided I’d settle on eggs, toast and sausages. After we all ordered, Josh put his face closer to mine and whispered in my ear.

“Wouldn’t you prefer my sausage love?” He pulled his face back and winked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“You horny boy,” I laughed in the crook of his neck.

We all sat there with our food, enjoying each others company and conversation until Josh’s phone rang. I looked at him curiously but he just ignored me and stared at his phone in frustration.

“I’ll be back guys.” He sighed and slid out of the booth and out the door to the parking lot.

I glanced over at him casually, wondering what the source of his frustration was. I really hated seeing him so distraught. He was making angry hand gestures and pulling at the ends of his hair before hanging up his phone. I watched him take a few deep breathes before walking back into the restaurant.

The rest of us glanced over at Josh silently as he sat down beside me. We all finished eating our food in silence and then paid the bill. We walked outside and got into the car, all in silence.

“Drop the silent act okay? What the hell is wrong?” I said in frustration and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Tour manager called, guess our trip is going to be a lot shorter then I was expecting it to be Max,” Josh sighed and looked over at Max for a second and then looked down at me, resting his forehead against mine.

“You’re…leaving…when..?” I spoke, my voice cracking as I tried to control my breathing. I was trying so hard not to act like a wimpy girl but I just wanted to cry. He had just got here and now he was leaving?

“Supposed to fly out tomorrow night,” He said his voice cracking.

A tear fell silently down my cheek. My eyes, what traitors. Josh saw the tear and gently wiped it away with his thumb before pulling my face to his and kissing me.

We took a deep breath and looked at each other.

“You just got here. I don’t want you to go.” I said sadly.

“I know baby, I don’t want to fucking leave you either. I’ll miss you too much.” He said, smiling slightly at the end.

“It’s true, he will. All he does is talk about you.” Max said matter-of-factly.

I looked up at Josh, a small smile on my face before I rested my head against his chest. I wished I could just stay like this forever but this was the price to pay when you were dating a musician.

Rachel stood their silently, sadness on her face. Both of us would be losing the boys we loved and we didn’t know how long it would be until we would see them again. But I knew I wasn’t going to try and let my emotions get in the way of what little time Josh and I had together before he left.