△2△

▲▽▲

Y/n sits and watches Chan for a while to make sure he's breathing even before she leaves the room. She slams into Jaeyun's chest and grunts, rubbing her forehead.

"Sorry, I didn't-" Jaeyun stops and glowers at her. "What were you doing in there?"

"I was checking on his injuries," she sighs before frowning up at him. "Am I not allowed to?"

Jaeyun huffs, rubbing his temple in exasperation. "You shouldn't go in there when I'm not here, Y/n. He could be-"

Y/n rolls her eyes and walks past him. "He's not dangerous, Jaeyun. I talked to him."

"What? You talked to him!?"

Jaeyun follows her into the kitchen where Jia and Aria are talking, sipping on some tea.

"Oh good, you're here," Y/n slumps on a stool and gestures toward the seat across from her.

"What happened?" Jia asks.

"We need to talk," Y/n starts. "I talked to the alpha earlier. He woke up as I was changing his bandages. His name is Bang Chan. He was kidnapped by a pack of rogue alphas."

"Rogue alphas? In a pack?" Aria rests her forearms on the counter. "There's no way that's a thing."

Jia glances at Jaeyun as he glares at the countertop with his arms crossed over his chest.

"That's what he said," Y/n shrugs. "He was taken out of his sleep, said that they only take pack alphas to make this big pack of alphas for power or something, but he escaped."

"How did he escape a pack of alphas?" Jia wrinkles her nose. "They're alphas."

"He killed them."

The three adults tense at her words. Jaeyun's eyes dart behind her toward the hallway as Aria cups her mouth with her hand in shock.

"R-Really?" Jia pales. "I-I- Does he look like he could?"

Y/n nods wearily. "He's got the muscle for it. He's got to be one strong alpha to withstand an entire pack of them and if anything, his injuries back up his statement. I have no reason not to believe him."

Aria grimaces. "I saw the buckets when you were done. That was a lot of blood."

"By the goddess," Jia sighs, tugging on her hair.

"How is he now?" Aria asks.

"Passed out after I finished up with his bandages," Y/n sighs. "He's not from around here, didn't recognize either of the villages I gave him. I think they went a long way to find him. They must've been going around and kidnapping a lot of pack alphas for this pack of theirs... or was."

"Well," Jaeyun sighs. "They're dead now so I guess it doesn't matter."

Jia blatantly stares at him and Y/n watches as the two of them have a silent argument in their heads.

"Is there something you're not saying?" Y/n asks.

Jaeyun and Jia snap their attention to her, both tense as a bowstring.

"No," Jaeyun huffs. "Not anymore. If he killed them all, then there's nothing to worry about."

She scoffs. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing, Y/n. Don't worry about it," he uncrosses his arms. "I don't want you going in there without anyone watching you. You go in there to feed him every meal and tend to his injuries at night, nothing more."