Draco Malfoy(m) x reader

Hey hey hey, yopicx here. For this, reader (you) can be any gender and any house. I left this one pretty open.
Enjoy xo.

Trigger Warning: slight fluff.

~Years after Deathly Hallows~

I sat near Draco Malfoy and his friends at the dining table, I don't know why, this was just the only free seat available.

I really dislike the new integration of the house tables, it's nice that the teachers wanted to create a new sense of "equality" in the school, but we definitely need those tables to keep the school from erupting in flames...again.

I can hear what you're saying, "What again? what happened last time?" So let me explain really quickly... After Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco and a few others graduated a few years ago, Draco (bless his soul) discovered that he could 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘏𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 and continue training in quidditch.

Usually things like this wouldn't bother me so much, but- I don't know...he just makes my insides feel funny, and I don't know if I like it so much.
My mom said it's normal to be getting these sorts of feelings, but I'm not entirely sure these are the kinds of feelings I want towards 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘺.

Every time he looks me in the eyes my stomach churns, and I have to remind myself that he's Draco Malfoy. The boy who betrayed Hogwarts. I can't be having any weird feelings towards him.

"Y/n?" I hear from out of nowhere. I realise that I had accidentally rested my hand in my gravy.

"Y/n are you okay?" I heard Draco's voice from across the table, while I was cleaning the gravy off my hand.
"Yes yes, I'm fine thank you," I say sounding unintentionally awkward and shy, avoiding any eye contact with him.
"Are you sure? You don't seem like yourself," Draco insisted.
"Like myself? H-how do you mean?" I stutter.
"Well, usually, I've noticed you're a bit chipper and friendly. You haven't said a thing since you sat down," Draco hesitated.
I got lost in his eyes. They're such a beautiful shade of grey; the colour of a rain cloud after years of drought.
"I'm just...tired, is all," I try gurgling out an excuse. "Tired? Are you not sleeping well?"
"No no, I'm sleeping fine." I stop mid sentence. "What is it?" Draco says reaching across the table and taking my hand in his, trying to be comforting.

My face goes red as a beet.
"Are you alright? You look unwell," Draco asked again. I freak out. Too much attention is on me right now, I must get out of here.

I stand up and run out of the dining hall towards my dorm. I pause in the hallway to breathe, and then Draco turns the corner. He followed me.

"Y/n! Wait! Was it something I said?" Draco says in between his heavy breathing. "I'm alright, I just need some fresh air. It's getting crampped in there." I rest my back against the brick walls. "Would you like me to sit outside with you for a little while?" Draco shuffles closer, raising his hand towards mine.

"No thank you. I need to be alone for a moment," I say, pulling my hand out of Draco's reaching distance. "Please tell me if I've done something wrong though, would you?" Draco insisted.

"You really haven't," I admit, fighting back tears.
"Are you alright?" Draco said, stepping closer to me.
His gray eyes and white hair shone in the light of the torch above me, his hair reminded me of an angel and his eyes reminded me of a demon. What a fascinating creature he is.
"No, you haven't done anything wrong... Quite the opposite actually," I took a breath, "when I see you, my brain shuts down. I can't help but think about you every night before I sleep. You're in my head, all the time."
"Oh." Draco said looking down at the stone floor.
"So yes, that is why I can't even look in your direction without-" "why didn't you tell me sooner?" Draco cut me off. "Because I didn't know what you would think. I knew you couldn't possibly have any feelings for me whatsoever, so I tried as hard as I could to push this feeling away."