Epilogue

March 6, 2013.  11 and a half years after fate saved Louis’ life.

January 13th 2002 Mallory gave birth to Emma. We decided to keep her original name. In 2005 Louis was diagnosed with leukemia and has been suffering since then. 

He’s been in a coma for the last two years missing his smile, hearing him say ‘I love you’ its so hard. 

What breaks my heart the most is when Emma constantly asks “where’s papa”  I just tear up there’s no choice.  Every night I wonder is this going to be his last? Am I ready for it?

I always go see him after I drop Emma off at school.  The last time I was out in public  with him was two and a half years ago when we were at our friend Niall’s wedding. He married a wonderful girl named Danielle. And the had their first child about a year ago. Emma lose their daughter Anna they hang out a lot.

“Daddy? When is papa coming home?” Emma said jumping on my bed.

I shuffled over to my back and stared at the ceiling when the tears started forming. “I don’t think he is coming home Emma”

Emma suddenly stopped jumping and laid beside me laying her hand on my red cheek.

“daddy don’t be sad he will go to a new home and he will sing to them like he did to me”

“yes he will baby he will sing his beautiful heart out.” I said smiling with tears falling out. “lets go get you to school love” I said jumping out the bed.

“go eat cereal and get your coat on I’ll be down soon” I said getting in the shower.

I let the water flatten my bouncy curls and wet my face as I remembered my wedding day with Louis.

He looked so beautiful walking down the aisle, his perfect pink lips curling into a smile that made me fall for him.

I finished showering and had gotten dressed.

“dad? Are you coming I’ll be late!” Emma said screaming at end of the stairs.

“yeah I’m coming!” I said turning the lights off and shutting all doors.

I walked down the stairs and left the house heading over to my daughters school.

..

After I dropped her off I made my way over to the hospital Louis was currently living at.

“Hello I’m here to see Louis Tomlinson” I said to the nurse at the visitor station.

“yes here you go. You might wanna be quiet a family beside him are mourning because the guy living next to Mr. Tomlinson has passed.” She said handing me a visitor pass.

I walked to the room I had been visiting for the past two years room 317C (see what I did there ;))

 Louis was laying their peacefully with his chest moving up and down.

His face has caved in and he was incredibly white.

I sat in my usual chair and grabbed Louis’ hand.

“hey babe, I know you can hear me but you can’t reply. But Emma has straight A’s she wanted me to tell you. She just turned 11 as I told you a while ago. She really is growing up.  Today I was thinking about our wedding and how happy you looked. I miss your smile, your voice and the way you said my name. I also miss how you would sing to Emma and I at night with that angelic voice.” I started crying as I listened to him breathe.

After an hour of silenced I had fallen asleep. I awoken from the sound of Louis’ heart monitor going off.

My heart started pounding I was scared that I was actually losing the love of my life.

“Louis…Louis don’t leave me” I whispered refusing to let go of his lifeless hand.

Tears were falling..falling hard. 

After the took Louis away his nurse walked up to me as I was about to get my daughter.

“Mr. Styles?” I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around. “yes?” 

“Mr. Tomlinson told me to give this to you before he passed.” she said handing me a folded piece of paper.

I stuffed the paper in my pocket not wanting to read it.

I drove over to my daughters school to pick her up early.

“I’m here to pick up my daughter Emma Styles Tomlinson.” I said to a receptionist .

“Reason for taking her out early?” the lady with saggy eyes and gray hair said.

“her father passed away.” I said biting my lip from crying.

“Oh im sorry for your loss let me call her teacher.” 

Minutes later Emma came into the office with a look on her face I couldn’t describe. 

In the car Emma kept quiet. But finally spoke.

“daddy what happened?” She said quietly.

“papa died today” I said letting go I stopped the car and laid my head on the steering wheel.

“daddy.. Don’t cry he’s in a better place now hes not hurting anymore. don’t you want him to be free of the pain?” Emma said hugging my side.

“youre right. He should be happy up there in heaven.” I said lifting my head and driving back home.

That night I laid in bed staring at the note that haunted me by laying on the night table.

I cant read it I don’t want to. But I want to know what his last words are. I thought.

 I decided to fall asleep cuddling my daughter who slept in the same bed tonight.

In the morning I contacted Louis’ family and my mother.

Emma stayed in bed sleeping.

I picked up the note and finally started to read it.

Dear Harry,

If your reading this then by now you know that I have passed I have failed this cancer. This life. Im writing this before im put under the induced coma. You will receive this once I’m dead. You should know that I love you. And I will forever love you. You and Emma are my world. I always think of you. Even when im gone I’ll be watching over you. I don’t want you to cry over me. I want you to smile knowing I’m in the place I was meant to be in. I’m sorry I had to go at 32 years old. I wanted to grow old with you. With 500 cats and watch Emma graduate high school and get married. Cry tears of joy for me when Emma gives birth to our grandchild. Walk her down the aisle for me. I want to be buried in your favorite suit. You plan my funeral. Not my mother. Please. If you ever decide to re-marry. don’t forget me. I beg you.

Harry. I know your crying now because I know you love me and you didn’t want lose me. But im not suffering. Im free. Im finally free. 

I’ll always be your lullaby. Sing to me every night.

I love you.

-Louis Tomlinson xoxo.

 I couldn’t stop the flowing tears.

“daddy why are you crying?” I heard Emma say behind me.

“I’m not. Im shedding happy tears because I love you papa and I know he does too. He’s watching over us. He’ll be your singing guardian.” I said kissing Emma’s head.

______________________________________________________________

Enjoy this. i will never be writing anything for this story again. leave your comments belove and vote it up. thank you for the 4k+ reads i love you guys! check out my other stories Forever Young  - a Zayn harry liam and niall fanfic-  and my upcoming story When i was you man -a zayn malik fanfic.- thank you :)