Park

I just stared at this Lam who wasn't even concentrating on the fishing. He was just looking at his rod and then his watch and back and forth like that for the past 1 hour already!

"What's up? Who died? Why are you so antsy?" I barked at Lam. He glared at me but I kept my fierce game face on and he chuckled.

"Na. I jsut wanted to make sure I got a bite. I have to leave by 9.30pm and I was hoping to score a fish."

"You aren't usually this anal about that. The only truth about that entire statement is you want to leave by 9.30pm right?"

Lam grinned at me sheepishly and I knew I struck gold. I rolled my eyes at him. Just then Ming came by.

"Ming! Come here. Take over this fellow's line so I can get rid of him so he can go meet his boyfriend."

"Owwwh P! You got a boyfriend?!"

Lam glared at Ming who raised his hands in mock surrender, waiied respectfully, took over the line and shuffled a little closer to me for protection. I just laughed as I slung a hand over Ming and chased Lam away. Ming just laughed and scooted in closer to me.

Unbeknownst to the rest of the boys, we been seeing each other casually for a bit now, however just maintaining a friends with benefits relationship. Ming was a very hot junior and I just couldn't keep my hands off him.

However the more I hung out with him, the more I realized there was so much more to him and I was starting to fall for that. But the only problem was Ming only saw me as his friend with benefits partner. I was still battling on how to tell him that my feelings for him had shifted.

"P! P Park!"

"Huh?"

"You ok? I been trying to catch your attention."

"Yea I am.. what's up?"

"Remember we agreed that if we ever met someone we want to date, we would end this fwb between us?"

"Yea? But I don't like anyone na."

"But I do."

"Oh?"

"I met him during my kayaking lessons. He's a really nice guy. A senior at another university. We gone out a few times. And he wants to take a step further by dating me. And I realized I actually would like that.. "

"I.. oh. Wow. I'm.. I'm happy for you Ming. I.. yea. Of course. Please... let's just be friends. Just Phi Nong okays?"

Ming smiled at me blindingly, thrilled by it and started to chatter more about his new date, name, age, fucking bio data.

And all I could hear was my stupid heart going to pieces with each and every sentence.

Fuck my life.