Forth

We ended our bar shenanigans around 2am. Park and Ming went off together whilst Max and Tul got a ride home with a junior.
Lam offered to send me home but I just wanted to get some fresh air so I asked him to go off first. He nodded. I walked along the road, just soaking in the fresh dewy night air and was about to take out a cigarette when my phone rang. It was Pha.

"Where are you?"

"Heading home Pha. You ok? Do you need something?"

"No, I'm all good. Its just that it's already 2am and why the heck are you still walking down the road when you could have cabbed home? And put down that cigarette!"

"How did you.."

I looked up and saw that Pha was standing by the main road, with his car, waving at me. This fellow! He just recovered, didn't he?! I kept away my cigarette and quickly jogged over to him.

"What are you doing here! It's 2am already!! And you just recovered!"

"I was feeling better and I wanted to come pick you up, knowing you must have drank. I saw you at the entrance of the bar already but you had walked away from the boys wanting to take in some air I guess."

"You needn't have come all this way you know?"

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to? :) come on, I drop you off ok."

I nodded but watched that Pha shivered abit. We got into the car and I shrugged off my jacket and made him wear it so that he be warmer. He smiled at me gratefully for it and started the car. We made small talk on the way.

"You feeling all better now?"

"Ya I am. Thanks for the food runs and forcing me to the doctor's:)"

"It's nothing. We are friends, yea. That's the least I can do. I should do."

"Yea... Beam and you, you guys are good friends right?"

"Hahah of course. What else can we be? And don't tell me, you can't tell that Beam is head over heels for Lam??"

"No, I can. I just.. I was just curious. You guys seem very close. So I was just wondering. I mean you do make a nice pair too."

"Haha. Please Pha! Beam would be the last one I would date. He's not my cup of tea actually."

"Ah I see. What is your type then?"

"I like people who are smart, able to hold their own, independent and most importantly be willing to baby me. I'm a big baby Pha. I'm just tough on the outside but a complete child on the inside."

"You got to be kidding me!"

"Shhhh, don't tell anyone ok!"

Pha chortled, nodding his head in agreement. It was a pleasant journey home. Once we got back to my dorm, Pha got out of the car too, wanting to give the jacket back. I waved it away, asking him to keep it and wear it back first. I didn't want him falling sick again.

Pha nodded, I watched till he got into the car and drove off and then I made my way back to the dorm. Beam called me shortly.

"What you doing?"

"We were done with the bar by 2. Knowing Lam he would have stopped for a smoke. If he promised to text, he would be doing so in the next 5 mins or so."

"I..I didn't call for that. Just wanted to make sure my friend got home safe."

"Riiiiiiiight."

"Lam is calling! Bye!"

I chuckled to myself as I hung up the phone. This fellow was so over his head for Lam. I just hope no one gets their heart broken in the process. I got a shower and came out to a text from Pha who said he had just gotten home and that he would wash the jacket. I agreed and sat on the couch, looking at our texts. He wasn't such a bad guy after all. I was glad we were becoming better friends after all.