Chapter 5

To say Sonic was mad was putting it lightly. He was fuming, he glared at Viper and Adder. "Give. Him. Back." He growled not wanting to make this messy but he would do anything to get his little brother back. Viper laughed, "No." Sonic hissed at that answer. "Your not gonna like me when i'm mad. Tough luck." His quills became a navy shade of blue, his muzzle, insides of his ears and his chest turned a light indigo, his eyes glared at Viper, turning fully white. Purple energy spiked through his quills. "Last chance. Give me my little brother or suffer the wrath of dark." "Dark?" Maddie asked. "I won't stop him from hurting you." He glared at Viper. Knuckles' eyes widened, he backed up, he was actually scared of Sonic. Adder did something that Sonic picked up on and Sonic hissed, finally snatching Tails back. He gave the unconscious kit to Knuckles, then began kicking butt. He slammed Adder into a wall, knocking him out cold and punched Viper in the nose. "Now leave. Before I do more damage then this." Viper grabbed Adder and threw the ring, running through the portal. Sonic sighed, closing his eyes and his fur went back to its cobalt and peach colour scheme. He opened his now jade eyes, turning his attention to Tails who was restless, yet unconscious in Knuckles' arms. "Shhh... Its okay lil' bud." The kit kept twitching and whimpering, tears shed, staining his beautifully off-white muzzle. "Is he having a nightmare?.." Knuckles' eyes widened and he dropped Tails in shock, luckily Sonic caught him and glared at Knuckles but upon seeing his face, it turned to confusion. Knuckles' eyes were wide and dull and his mouth was a thin line of shock. "Th-they injected T-tails with s-something.." Knuckles stammered. "WHAT?!" Maddie yelled, Knuckles picked up an empty syringe. Maddie was horrified, "That's a mind-controlling substance." She mused, why would they want to control Tails, unless.... "Oh damn." Tails gave another whine, opening his unusually dull, grey eyes. "Tails..?" Sonic asked, approaching him cautiously. Tails flattened his ears, growling, fangs bared. The hedgehog recoiled quickly, why was Tails acting this way? It didn't make sense.. "Tails, b-buddy? I-it's me, S-sonic, your b-big bro... R-remember?.." "Sonic, come here." Maddie exclaimed. Sonic rushed over, shock and horror plastered over his face. Suddenly Tails shook his head, his diamond blue eyes showing for a second before switching to grey again. "Tails, snap out of it!" Viper poked his head through the window, jumping into the house, "C'mon you useless slave." He yelled, Sonic snapped, his dark form reappearing. He leapt at Viper who smirked. Sonic was slammed away from Viper by Tails who had his teeth bared. "Sonic, when I say now, slide away. He doesn't have his own mind so he isn't smart! 3, 2, 1, now!" Sonic slid out from Tails' grasp and Knuckles slammed him into a wall, knocking him out cold. "Knuckles! Why did you do that!?" Sonic yelled. Knuckles groaned. "Just deal with Viper!" Sonic slammed Viper to the floor, kicking him out the door. "Ya happy?" Sonic sniffed sarcastically, turning back to his normal state. Maddie grabbed another needle with the antidote in, pressing it into Tails' soft fur. "Phew, he's fine now.." 

(:)

The kit twitched, moaning as he woke up with the worlds largest headache. "H-huh? Where am I? Who are you? Who am-" Sonic cut him off, glaring at Knuckles. "Great, you hit him so hard he's lost his memory! WELL DONE!" Tails tilted his head, "Ya know I was joking, right?" Sonic sighed, happy that it was just a joke. Sonic hugged Tails, speaking to everyone. "After that ordeal, who wants ice-cream?" "Me!" Yelled Knuckles, pumping his fists together in excitement. Tails nodded, that just increased his headache though. "I don't think Tails should go outside straight away.." Maddie spoke with certainty. "Awh, Mum...." Sonic whined, "Please?" He whimpered. "Fine but I'm giving him something for his headache." Maddie grabbed the paracetamol quickly with a glass of water, giving it to her baby. The kit was unsure of it and gave it a suspicious sniff then picked it up, swallowing it with the water. He flattened his ears, shaking his head to clear the dizziness. "C'mon Tails, lets go!" 

(:)

They were licking their ice-creams, Knuckles had a grape ice-pop which he devoured in two bites. Tails licked his mint flavour ice-cream, crunching on the chocolate chips. He tapped Sonic's shoulder, "I.. I ne-need to g-go h-home..." His voice was wobbly, his eyes dilated, his legs shaking from the intense pain in his head. Sonic turned toward the kit, worrying about Tails. "Knuckles, this wasn't such a good idea.." Sonic called Tom, telling him what was happening and to bring the truck. Tom arrived a little too late, in time to see Sonic cradling an unconscious Tails in his arms. Maddie hopped out, picking up Tails as Sonic and Knuckles got in the car, Maddie held Tails in her arms, inwardly worrying about his state.