Chapter 3

A quiet buzzing filled the air, getting louder by the minute. The large, crimson and white plane soared throught the sky, it's pilot pulling it's goggles over it's sky blue eyes. "Damn it Sonic, why do you always ruin my fun?!" A human in an egg-shaped ship complained. "Well, its not fun to terrorize civilians and try to take over the world." The azure hedgehog retorted with a slight snarl to his tone. "Curse you stupid, spikey, sassy blue pineapple!!" The plane landed easily, swiftly, dropping off the hedgehog before taking to the silver, cloudy skies once again. Hearing a whistle, the fox glanced at the missiles going for his friend, putting the plane on auto pilot so it would intercept the missiles. He jumped out a little to late and got fired backward from the loud, earsplitting explosion, smacking into the egg mobile. Eggman grabbed Tails by one of his namesakes. Tails gave a yelp, kicking out at Eggman as he struggled, he couldn't think properly, the blood rushing to his head and he felt supremely dizzy. His efforts slowed down as he lost consciousness. The blue hedgehog flattened his ears, his smile falling to an angry expression. He glared at the doctor who chucks the vulpine out of the egg mobile and flies off in hysteria. The expression changed after Eggman left, his eyes showing serious fear. Hugging his battle beaten companion closer, his tiny tail flicking with worry, he ran toward the house.

(:)

Blue eyes opened, triangle nose twitching. The fox felt nauseous, his eyes dilating a bit. His ears flattened, the room spun around him, a blue, blurry figure stepped into his line of sight. "W-who.....?" The kit stammered. "It's me Sonic, your big brother." Sonic's ears flicked nervously. "Oh, I... Its too blurry t-to tell" "Sonic, I told you to keep him still." Maddie complained, setting her vetting kit on the table. She grabbed a mask, not that the vulpine could tell since everything was blurred, strapping it over his muzzle. Tails didn't know what was happening so he began thrashing as his breathing became a little restricted, someone pinned down his arms and legs. This went on for 10 seconds more before Tails slipped away from consciousness a second time.

(:)

A crimson shoe tapped on the floor, impatiently waiting. A gloved hand stroked fluffy ears and tails of the fox kit. A human padded over to the azure hedgehog. "Don't worry, he'll be fine...." Her tone suggested different though, anxiety heavily lacing her voice.

(:)

It was now night time, owl's chirping. The full moon's light turning the amber fur almost silver, the creature could be mistaken for a spirit in this light. The hedgehog woke up, seeing his companion still curled up. Suddenly, a twitch occurred, the hedgehog glanced in that direction with narrowed, emerald eyes. A human face in the window. Golden fur glowed in the moonlight. The fox lay there, innocently, oblivious to the current situation. The hedgehog watched carefully over his brother, hidden in the shadows, jade eyes glittering. A tall figure stepped into the room, gun in hand. Sonic relaxed, Tom, his father was protecting his brother. He let out a silent sigh, stepping into the moonlight. He yelped as someone tackled him from behind, something sharp poking his leg. Tom ran over, punching the figure in the face. The figure scurried out, Sonic returned his attention to the bed, letting out a loud breath. The kit was nowhere to be seen.