CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: GRADUATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Would you stop?" I mumbled, pushing Kazansky's hand off my shoulder for the hundredth time. I liked his touch, obviously, but I didn't really want everyone to know about what 'thing' we had going on, if you could even call it that. "You know you like it," he whispered into my ear, right before planting a kiss on my head. "Did you glue your hair with superglue?" he asked, I just snickered.

"Once in a blue moon, we have a tie," Viper said, taking the podium. "Kennedy Collins, callsign 'Nixon' and Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky were the two top pilots of their class, along with Ron 'Slider' Kerner, Kazansky's RIO." Viper handed Tom and I a plaque. "Thank you sir," I shook his hand and walked off, knowing I had just got handed everything I wanted in life.

The afterparty was dull... nothing like I had expected. "Champagne?" Tom offered, I shook my head. "I dont drink." I said, he scoffed. "Yeah, like you didn't get drunk off a beer." he told me, handing the glass to someone else. "It was a Miller Light too," he teased, I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever." I lightly shoved him, but he took the opportunity to put his arm around me.

"Dont even try to take it off," he squeezed my shoulders a bit. "No it just hurts," I said, making him loosen his grip on my shoulder. My shoulders were probably the most tender spot on my body at the moment, I dont know why. They just hurt a whole hell of a lot. "Sorry hun," he kissed my forehead again, making me shove him again.

"Gentlemen!" Viper turned to us all. "Sorry to break up the party before it begins," he started out. "Ice, Slider!" Jester said. "Yo," They took their envelopes. "Nixon, Kid!" that callsign still makes me laugh. I opened my envelope, seeing the situation we were in. "Maverick," Maverick opened his letter. "Some of you have to depart immediately, we have a crisis situation." Viper said. Man this would be fun.

"How ya feeling?" Tom stood in the doorway, looking at my top bunk. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking. I thought about how much my body hurts right now, and if I will come out of the mission alive. "Im fine," I said, letting out a sigh. My head hurts like a mother right now.

Tom shut the door and crawled up to my bunk, banging his head on the ceiling. He got on top of me and started kissing my neck, not leaving hickies, just soft kisses. "Are you feeling better?" he mumbled against my skin, bringing his lips to mine. My hands went to his hair and I ran my fingers through it, loving the way it felt. And by his soft groans, he did too.

He slightly started to pull my shirt up, which I pulled back from the kiss. "Can we stop?" I asked, his eyes softened and he nodded. "Yeah, of course." he attempted to tuck my shirt back in and laid down beside me, his eyes never leaving my face.

"Too much on your mind?" he asked, propping himself against his elbow. I shrugged. "I just dont feel like getting shot down by a MIG today," I joked, lightly running my hands over my hair. Kazansky just smiled and ran his thumb in small figures on my forearm. "Stop being dramatic," he told me. "The only reason you didn't get the alone #1 was because Goose died and well," he looked down, then back up at me. "James got hurt." he lightly grabbed my hand.

"And now I wanna pound my RIO's face into the wall." I mumbled, shifting my back. "And everything on my body feel like a really bad fucking sunburn." I mumbled, thinking of all the possible bad outcomes of this mission. I was his wingman, Maverick was his backup wingman. I dont want to leave my wingman.

"Iceman! Nixon!" the door flew open. "Take off in ten minutes." Kid told us. I got down from my bunk and grabbed my shit. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?" I asked my RIO. "I didn't feel like walking in on my Pilot and Wingman doing the devil's tango." He said. I rolled my eyes. It would be heaven's tango with me.