CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE: WINGS TAKEN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bogies, blah blah blah..." I was sitting beside Maverick and Mooney, listening to Viper talk about. I just observed him, not really writing anything down. It all stays in my head. Since I was sitting right above him, Kazansky hit me in the head with his pen. I swiftly reached above my head and ripped the pen from his grip, trying not to draw attention to myself. I didn't.

"You dont have time to think up there. If you think up there, you're dead." Maverick said. Kazansky smirked and took off his sunglasses. Maverick got embarrassed in front of the whole class, mouthing off to Charlie. His flight technique worked, but they showed it as something not to do. Figured she'd do something like that.

-

I was checking my plane for everything I needed, gas, cracks, etc. "I already checked it, it's good." Mooney told me. "Thanks." I mumbled, heaving myself into the pilot's seat. Mooney got in behind me and put his mask on, so did i. I always hated how a low bun and a helmet clashed together, it feels so goofy.

"Gentlemen, this is hot nine. Multiple aircrafts, multiple bogies." hahaha. He didn't put the 'lady' in there. "Guess i'm a man now," I cracked a joke into the mic. "Training is half over," they ignored me. "The position for the Top Gun trophy remains tight." i'm gonna be first I just know it. "First place, Nixon. Second place, Iceman, just one point behind." Viper said. "Its gonna stay that way." I mumbled, looking around me.

"Talk to me, Mooney," I told him. "3 o'clock low." he said, I looked down and spotted the two bogies. "Alright," I said. "Wolfman, stay on Jester, ill get Viper." I said. "Nixon do not do it." Mooney said. "I want Viper." I mumbled. "Goddamnit Nixon, this is why your callsign is literally Nixon!" whatever.

I hovered behind the mountain for a second, waiting for Viper to come around, he came around and I bolted towards him. "Get the signal ready," I told Mooney. Viper obviously knew I was behind him because he kept swerving back and forth everywhere. "I got your ass now, Viper." I told him. "Mooney, keep an eye on Wolfman." He nodded, looking at the other plane.

"Vipers going towards Wolf," Mooney told me. "Wheres Jester?" I asked. "He's comin' up hot!" Mooney yelled, making me swerve my plane down and letting Jester pass us. I pulled back up and got Jester out of there. "Youre dead Jester!" I yelled with excitement. Jester ignored me and started heading back towards base. Now Viper, the very best.

"200 feet until hardeck." Mooney told me. I maneuvered my plane up, making it so I wouldn't lose this challenge. "Where are ya Viper," I looked around. "6 o'clock, the mountains." He told me. I Went up towards the sun and then straight down so I could meet behind Viper, attempting to get him in a missle lock.

"Cmon baby," I mumbled into the mic. "GOT HIM!" Mooney yelled out of excitement. I smiled. I heard Viper sigh over the mic. "Good job Kiddo, get back to base." He told me. "Yes sir," I said out of happiness. Nothing could compare to what I felt right now.

-

"That was some of the best damn flying I've ever seen in my life." Viper approached me as I walked out of the changing room. I looked him in the eye. "Thank you sir." I told him. He took me aside and started whispering. "You will win this trophy, you do know that right?" He told me. I let a small grin appear on my face. "What about Mr. Kazansky?" I asked. "He's good. He's really good. But he's afraid of taking risks. You aren't." he gave me a pat on the shoulder and left me. Man did that make me feel good.

"Nixon!" I heard my name from down the hallway, it was Kazansky. Obviously. "Iceman," I said as he was still approaching me. He pushed me against the wall and towered over me the best he could. "Movin' a little fast, dont you think?" I joke. He just placed a firm hand on my jaw and forced me to look at him. There wasn't a sign of softness in his eyes, they were cold as ice.

"You think your better than everyone, dont you." He told me. His grip on my jaw was so strong I couldnt move it much. "Get this in your head, Kennedy." He leaned closer into me. I could see the drops of water still on his head, the way his nose moved when he breathed, the way his hair fell over since it was wet. "I will beat you. I dont care how I fucking do it, I will beat you." he told me. Why was this hallway so hot?

He removed his hand from my jaw, making me act fast and hit him in the mouth. "You get this in that small head of yours," I told him. "Dont ever fucking put your hands on me again, you son of a bitch." I stuck my finger in his chest. "Your lucky I like you enough not to get your wings taken." I told him. He smirked. "So you like me huh? That's rich comin' from a cold hearted bitch." he told me, I just smiled sarcastically. "Be a poet. You'd be a great one." then I walked off.

All I fucking thought about was his hand on my face. Goddamnit.