CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE: COMPLEXES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Nixon is it, where'd that come from?" Iceman asked me. I rolled my eyes. "Just shut the hell up would you?" I asked him. Lucky for me, I got to sit by the beautiful bastard. This is what I get for being the last one to class. "Why won't you tell me? Wouldn't want your new one to be freckly, do you?" he teased. I clenched my first, but gave into the bastard.

"I nixed the plan on my first day at the academy, so they called me Nixon." I sighed, aggressively resting my elbow on the elbow rest, hoping it would draw some kind of pain to distract me from the embarrassing act five years ago. "That's hilarious. So you learned to fly at what academy?" he pressed on. Why cant this fucking instructor come quicker? Haha, that's what she said.

"Airforce." I mumbled. "So you switched teams," I cut him off. "Cheaper flight education. I got nominated by a state governor." I told him, and he raised his eyebrows. "Good for you, didn't expect you to be a nerd also." I couldn't say anything because the instructor walked in behind us. Fucking asshole. He couldn't have waited another two seconds?

"You'll also be trained by a few civilian specialists." The instructor said, I didn't really care. I was focused on Kazansky's elbow touching mine on my fucking elbow rest. What an ass. "MiC 28's MiC 5's" yata yata yata. Whatever. I just wanna get in the air. Maverick and the Blonde civilian seem to have a lot going on, what a surprise! I wasn't listening!

"Bullshit." That little cough that Kazansky did make me jump a little, so fucking embarrasing. Kazansky looked over to me and smirked, knowing he had the high ground now. What an ass.

"Do I needa make a noise to always get you to listen?" Kazansky teased me as the lesson was over. "I heard the instructions, I dont need to hear you." I smiled at him, he rolled his eyes. "You could hear me in the bedroom, sweetheart," he whispered in my ear. I kept my face on the blank expression, but inside I wanted to kick him in the balls. "In your dreams, lover boy." I patted his shoulder and walked off with Mooney to the plane.

-

"Don't even think about it Nixon," Mooney told me. Kazansky was hiding in the corner and I was behind him. I did an inverted dive and slowly started to hover over him, not making a sound in my mic. "Hey Tommy!" I said loudly, making Iceman look straight above me. "How's the weather down there?" I asked, holding up both of my middle fingers

"Don't you have a mission to do?" He asked angrily. "Nah man, im waiting." I looked down at him. "Looks like your sulking, what's wrong baby?" I asked sarcastically. "Shut the hell up." he told me and I laughed into the mic and went away. Yeah, im gonna pay a hell of a price for being late to the mission but whatever. Ill tell him I got caught up in a conversation.

"Tell me somethin' Mooney." I said as I maneuvered the plane around. "Comin' in hot on your left." He said. "Alright," I started going towards the sun, attempting to blind him. But at the last second, I turned hard right and got behind Jester, getting him into a missile lock. "Lock and unloaded..." I said sarcastically. Its true though, there isn't any missiles in here.

"Report back to base." Jester sighed, moving back to base. "Dont you even think about a flyby." Mooney told me. "How is it that you can always read my mind?" I asked him. "I know you better than yourself." I said as I moved back to base, doing spins and such as I flew. I dont know why, it was just fun for me.

I changed out of my flight gear and into my uniform. I obviously took a shower, considering I was in the locker room by myself. These showers are actually pretty nice, you have your own curtain and stuff. I didn't wash my hair or anything, I just rinsed my body. Pretty refreshing if you ask me.

"Kennedy." I rolled my eyes about fifty times while I was turning around, Meeting Iceman looking me dead in the eyes. "You won?" He smacked his gum. "You didn't?" I asked, knowing he did. He sighed and looked me up and down. "You talk a lot for a woman who could be kicked out of here in no time," he told me. "Alright, you're entitled to your own opinions ill give ya that." I replied, not taking his statement to heart. He just kept a stern look on his face.

"What's your problem with me Kazansky?" I started to walk down the halls. "I don't have a problem with you." He told me. "Then why are you still talking?" I asked. "I have a problem with your arrogance, you think you're better than everybody." he said, causing me to smirk. "Are you saying i'm a liar for thinking that?" I asked. "You're the real competition here, Maverick is nothing compared to you." he told me. "Keep me competition, dont play a game with me, Kazansky." I turned to him and gave him a small pat on the chest before leaving.

"What's your deal with Iceman?" Mooney asked me. I shrugged. "I dont have a deal with Kazansky.'' I said, he nodded. "Kinda seems like you do, considering you gave him the finger today." Mooney went on. "And you sat by him..." He continued. "I gave him the finger because he's an asshole, and you know I had to sit by him because it was the only seat left." I looked at him, he nodded. "Okay, I get it." He can be so confusing.

"Goodnight, Nixon." Mooney told me. "Goodnight James." I replied back, going to my quarters. I lived a block down the road from him, so it wasnt really that far. I kept a blade in my back pocket for protection, just in case. You know what I mean.

"Well speak of the devil," I was almost in. almost fucking in, and the prick has to bother me again. "Are you following me, stalker?" I unlocked my door, not even looking at who it was. We all know it was Tom Kazansky. "I ain't stalkin' ya." he walked in after me, shutting the door behind him. "I live next to ya." He told me. "Oh great! I gotta see you more! How delightful!" I said sarcastically as I threw my coat on a chair, along with the top part of my uniform. It left my in a thin white tank top.

"I thought you loved seeing me," He leaned against the counter and smirked. "As much as I like your looks, I dont like you." I told him, sitting on the edge of the couch. It was a good 10 feet away from him. "So you think im good looking," he smiled. I smiled and looked down. "Good looking is an overstatement." I swear his eyes pierced my fucking soul as he walked over to me, almost closing the space.

"Ya know, Kennedy, you aint bad yourself. I like your little freckleface." He pinched my cheek and walked over to the door. "Have a good night, Nixon." he said as he closed it. I exhaled dramatically as he left. "Goodnight you fucking prick," I mumbled, taking off my shirt and pants, then going to bed.