Prologue

______________________________________________________________________________

On the cold night of the 20th of January 1977, at 11:30 pm was born the first child of Lily and James Potter, a little girl called Asteria.

Even with all of the complications during her birth leading her to being reanimated, she was in good health, much to the relief of James and Lily Potter.

They decided to call her Asteria Lily Dorea Potter, Asteria after the goddess of falling stars and nighttime divination, as she was almost born at midnight, Lily after her mom and Dorea after her grandmother.

James and Lily Potter decided to choose Sirius Black only as her god father, if they could have they would have make Alice Longbottom her god mother but she wasn't available when they did the ceremony.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Asteria just has turn two years old and it's clear she is a bright child, she quickly grasp the concept of magic and is now able to almost control hers, she took great joy at tripping Peter with her magic when she sees him.

Asteria quickly start to communicate and move which quickly followed to her starting to run around the house. Also, Remus made it his life goal to teach her how to read and count the second she touched a book, this lead to Asteria having a great understanding of thing going on around her making sure to point at random things and saying they name.

Asteria is a daddy girl, always sticking to her father and his friends but Peter, she doesn't seem to like Peter that much.
James loves his daughter and wants to protect her as much as he can, leading him and Sirius to the doorsteps of the home of Arcturus Black and making a deal with him, blood adopting Asteria into the Black family and if anything come to happen to lily, Sirius or him that he would take her into his care, it's war after all, anything could happen to them. Arcturus accept the deal because Asteria is a Black as she is the grand daughter of Dorea Potter née Black, making her a black could lead her into the next head of the house opening the opportunities as currently Sirius and Regulus didn't seem to want to become head of house, he also put one of his condition : James have to teach her the olde way and the traditions of the magical world, James accepted.
He was also able during the deal to bring Sirius back into the house, Arcturus knew Sirius didn't have the best upbringing with having Walburga as a mother, even him couldn't bear the woman. To bring Asteria into the house was a win-win on both the Black and Potter side.

After making the deal, James Potter was relieved, he didn't trust Dumbledore, he joined him to impress Lily, sometimes he wants to come back in time and stay neutral but if he had stayed neutral he wouldn't have his dear daughter with him today.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Asteria is a necromancer, James was with Remus and Sirius the first time he witnessed it, Peter being away doing his things, he wasn't afraid or anything like that, he knew it was always a possibility for his daughter becoming a necromancer, unlike common belief, necromancy is one of the gifts of the potter bloodline, they were descendants of the Peverell after all. To be honest James was proud, his daughter was the first necromancer after over a century and James was proud of it, he decided to keep it between Sirius, Remus Arcturus and him, he told Arcturus in case of if he end up taking care of her, he also decided to not tell Lily, he knows she will freak up.