4

Once I reach my office I break down. I sit at my desk and my heart is racing. My breath is staggered. I had asked Kenji to stay outside. Its been a week since the incident and its only now effecting me. I don't want anyone to see me like this. He was outside. Daniel was there. In the crowd. I wasn't imagining it, right?

No I can't be. But he died, I remember him dying like it were yesterday.

Past

Daniel and me were in my room, his hands in my hair. "We're gonna get caught Danny." I tell him but he shakes his head. "We won't. We'll be fine. You and me? We're getting outta here." He kisses me softly. He holds me close and I keep myself in the comfort of his embrace. I trace his tattoos on his arms. The lines and intricacies of him. Of me. Of us.

The moment is ruined as my door is broken down, my brother, father and guards surround us. "Hands off my daughter now Mcalister." My father booms as we both step away from eachother. My eyes darting from my brother and father, back to Daniel. "D-Dad? I didn't know you were-" He shushes me mid sentence. "Not now Alysa." He booms and I feel so small, so helpless.

I look at my brother for some sort of comfort, some sign of help but he stares back at me, the same expression as our father on his face. He tells most of the guards to leave the room, but two of them are told to stay. Our closest guards. "If Aaron hadn't informed me of your little, misadventure. I wouldn't have been none the wiser, and you would've been gone with this, this boy."

My eyes go back to Daniel, who's looking at Aaron in betrayal. My eyes are threatening to release tears. Just a few minutes ago I was in the embrace of the man I love. Now my father is here. Ruining everything. Again. "Kill him." My father simply says. "And make sure she sees him die." My heart races and my head is spinning. I look at Daniel, the tears falling from my eyes.

"NonononononoNO! DANIEL!" I scream as a guard cuffs him and drags him off, another taking hold of my arm to go see him die. I'm thrashing but Danny does not protest, not once. Finally we get to the room, the walls, floor, door, everything stained in blood. The guard let's go of me. "2 minutes. We're not heartless." They say as I run into Danny, knowing he wont be able to hug me back as his hands were cuffed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry." I sob into him. My tears staining his work shirt. "Don't cry, please don't cry." He begs, his heart pounding in his chest. "Just know, I love you so much Alysa Warner. I can die happy, knowing I've experienced the greatest love I can." He kisses me softly. Before the guards come back in. "Goodbye." He says as they drag me out. I'm kicking and thrashing, banging the door as I hear them load the gun, then....

Now

I hate thinking about that day, I know he died that day because of me. Me. There's a small Polaroid picture of us I keep in the sleave of my notebook. He's smiling, I'm smiling. Somehow I don't feel empty, just sad. I haven't felt empty without Danny since.... I then hear a knock on my door, I quickly put it back and answer the knock. "Who is it?" I ask the unknown person behind the door. "Just me Princess." It was Kenji.

"Come in!" I say. He cautiously enters my room, as if he's about to step on a minefield or something. "I heard sniffling, wanna talk about it?" He asks and I don't answer. "I don't know." I respond after some uncomfortable silence. He starts walking to me.

He stops a mere inches infront of me, and opens his arms. "Bring it in Princess." His hands urge me to move toward him. In a normal state of mind I would've said no, but right now my brain is scrambled. I step into his embrace and wrap my arms around him.

My head turns and I notice his arm doesn't have tattoos. "I thought all soldiers got tattoos." I chuckles and I feel him do the same. "Well I guess I'm not other soldiers then." He continues. I look up at him to see he's looking at me.

"No, no you're not." Millions of things are running through my head and rationality is not one of those things. I lean in, he does the same until out lips meet eachother. It's a soft short kiss. His lips fit perfectly in mine. Just then I'm hit with a sudden twinge of guilt. Danny's alive and I'm kissing another guy.

I'm the one to pull away from the kiss and he looks at me. "I-" He doesn't get to finish his sentence before I step away. "I'm sorry- that was unprofessional, excuse me." I go to walk out my office but then I remember. He has to follow me around. Aaron's orders.

"I have to stay with you Alysa, you know that." I finally meet his eyes again and they look so helpless. He looks so helpless. "I know, look that kiss- I can't be doing that for a while. I've got alot to think about, and that can't be one of them right now." He looks heartbroken. But also like he's trying to hide it. "Whatever you want. There's something I do need to talk to you about, is there and cameras in here?" He asks.

Odd to bring something like that up, but none the less I shake my head. "There's none in here, why'd you ask?" There's a moment of silence between the two of us. Kenji takes a deep breath in, and a slow one out. "You promise you won't tell your brother?" I stare at him, mouth slightly agape. I've only ever kept one thing from Aaron and that resulted in someone's death.

Reluctantly, I shake my head. "So you know how he's telling everyone the rebellion is, loosing horribly." I nod my head. For the past few weeks rebels on the outskirts of Sector 45 have been trying to take down the re-establishment. Aaron's told me that they're failing miserably and in about 2 weeks they'll be gone. "Yeah, isn't that true though, A- Warner would've told me otherwise, right?"

"Sorry to burst your bubble Princess, but at the moment it's a tie. We're close to winning." A tie? Wait- we're? "Wait, are you telling me- oh my god you're part of the rebellion!" My eyes have widened at this point and I'm shocked, to say the least. "Keep it down Princess, I could die because of this y'know." He hushes me, putting his hand over mine.

"Why are you telling me this? I'm the supreme commander's daughter?" I whisper, leaning into him more so he can hear me. "Because, I used to think anyone in power was corrupt, evil, cruel. But you, God you've proved me so so wrong. You're none of those things Alysa. You're kind, caring, sweet. I want you to come with me, to the rest of the rebellion. Omega point." His words cut deep. Not in a bad way, but they have effected me in a way I couldn't even think.

Authors note

Ugh I'm sorry I just realised how inaccurate this is compared to the first book but we move. Please let me know if there's anything I can do the change the story for the better <3

Love Grace