10 reasons why | 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓀 𝒥𝒾𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓃

"Aachooooom."

Fine dust was flying around your room as you dusted the shelves. You don't even know when was the last time you even came near your shelves filled with books you loved once upon a time ago. Pretty obvious, you were cleaning up your room. Packing the things that you wanted to bring and clearing the things you won't be needing anymore.

The question here is where are you going, exactly?

Far far away. You figured that you needed a new start. A breath of fresh air. Away from the things that are troubling you here. What is troubling you exactly? Rather than 'what' it's actually a 'who'. And besides, you also actually got an offer from a university on the other side of the planet, so I guess the universe is on our side this time.

As you were carefully choosing and arranging your books in boxes, one book caught your attention. Your eyes lingered on the red, plain cover with a small lettering that spelled 'Hands off'. What could that be?

You guessed it. It's pretty obvious.

It was your diary from many years ago. Heck, you didn't even know what year it was from. It's been so long.

Usually when spring cleaning you ought to be caught up with going through your old stuff reminiscing old memories, right? And that's exactly what you started doing. You sat on the floor crossed legged in between many boxes and started flipping the dusty pages of that very red book.

A smile was plastered on your face. Reading each and every entry made you remember how good the old days were. Your old diary was filled with you sharing how great your days were when spent with your favourite person.

As you kept flipping, one page with a tab stopped you from your tracks. Your old messy handwriting was written on the top of the page, '10 reasons why I love him'.

And as mentioned in the title, the page was filled with a list of 10 reasons why you love this particular person;

1. He shares his food with me

2. He tells off those mean girls who picks on me

3. He lets me choose my ice cream first

4. He likes wearing matching sweaters with me!

5. He got me Tom for my birthday (Tom is a teddy by the way)

6. He lets me win in monopoly (or maybe he actually sucks at it)

7. He goes home with me after school

8. He holds my pinky finger when I'm nervous

9. He would get mad if someone makes me sad

10. He's my best friend forever in the whole entire world!!!

You laughed at how cringe-worthy that was. How old were you when you wrote this? Maybe 9? 10? You don't even remember.

You wore a sad smile, without realising that tears were already running down your face from the sudden memory.

Who is this 'he' that you gave 10 reasons why you loved him? It's none other than your favourite person, Park Jihoon. He wasn't just any childhood best friend. You two particularly grew up together, your families were so close, and as you grew older, you developed feelings for him. And you still do.

You jumped back to reality from your deep thoughts by loud chatters coming from downstairs. Everyone came over for dinner as preparation for an upcoming wedding that will be held soon. Definitely not yours, of course.

A few footsteps were heard nearing your room and soon a knock on the door was heard.

"Hey, can I come in?"

Great. Speaking of the devil.

"Yeah sure, just a second." You quickly wiped your tears and hurried to open the door.

"Your mom told me to call for- hey, is everything alright?" Jihoon didn't finish his sentence when he saw your red eyes

Yeah everything is alright. I just happened to go through old memories of us and wished we could turn back time so I could experience it all over again and tell you how much I've liked you since a long time ago.

But of course I didn't say that to him.

"Yeah I'm fine, just clearing out the shelves. You know how I'm not really great with dust."

He smiled in relief. Thank god he bought that.

"Alright then. Your mom asked me to call for you downstairs. Is your packing going okay?"

"Yup I'm almost done just a few more boxes." I tilted my head to the chaotic mess behind me.

"Do you really have to go?" he pouted. Gosh this guy is the end of me.

"You know the answer to that." You playfully nudged him.

"Alright alright. Just promise to text me, okay? I'm gonna miss you a lot."

"You sure you're not happy that I'm leaving?" You lifted one of your eyebrows playfully.

He chuckled. "Of course not you idiot. I love you, you know that right?" He gave you his infamous eye smile. The same smile that got you head over heels for him.

"Yeah, I love you too." More than you can ever imagine.

But it wouldn't have mattered anymore. He was the reason why you desperately wanted to move and study on the other side of the world. He was the reason why you wanted to start new somewhere else.

So I guess the 10 reasons why you loved him just leads to many other reasons why you wanted to stay away and forget him.

Why do you want to leave and forget him? Why haven't you shoot your shot and confessed to him already?

Well...

Because the wedding taking place soon is his.

Let's just say that you were a little bit too late.

-the end-

。゚✶ฺ.ヽノ.✶゚ฺ。。゚✶ฺ.ヽノ.✶゚ฺ。。゚✶ฺ.ヽノ.✶゚ฺ。。゚✶ฺ.ヽノ.✶゚ฺ。。

a/n; Hellooo first update in 2023! It's not too late to say happy new year right? hehe. More updates coming soon hopefully. Hope you liked this one, thank you for reading <3