Chapter 5 | Invitation

My eyes immediately grew bigger with the image of the school president in front of me. How could I forget that this place is still off-limits. Despite me and Minji being close friends I still have to respect her position as the school president, clearly, right now I'm violating a school rule. Hell, I'm even wearing my headphones even though she reminded me earlier that I should avoid wearing them on campus.

"Wait I can explain why I'm here-!" I was immediately shushed by the president when she took a step forward and touched my forehead.

"I see you're not as sick anymore, that's good then" She said, looking relieved.

I nodded, unsure of how I should react after getting caught by the president hanging around a place that is off-limits for students. 'What do I say now?'

To my surprise, the school president didn't scold me and instead made her way to my side, allowing the cold wind brought by our rooftop air to touch her face. 'She looks breathtaking.'

My mind went back to what Hanni and the girls told me. 'it's better if you express what you feel for Minji while making sure to not make her feel comfortable.' with that I decided to finally break the silence between us.

"Ah Minji, what time are you going home today?" I questioned her, planning something in my head, praying to any god who's listening that it would work.

I could see the side of her head tilting in curiosity. "Hmm? I think I'll go home a bit late today, maybe around 6 pm." She replied checking her own wrist watch instead of looking at me.

I nodded again and mentally reviewed my plan. This is it. Ask her now. "Oh me too, do you want to go home with me? Let's eat Korean barbecue together later if you don't mind" this question didn't earn a reply from Minji. 'Oh no, is she busy? Will my plan ruin her schedule?'

"Or are you busy? If yes then it's fine let's just go home together"

After a long pause from the president, she finally replied.

"Huh? Wait no I'm not busy, I would lov-like to go eat with you later." She answered, still avoiding my gaze.

Minji's POV:

As I stand there trying to process the question that just left Y/N's lips with ease, I could see with my peripheral view how she was waiting for my answer.

'Oh my gosh is she asking me to go on a date with her? dinner with only just the two of us? Walk me home?' At this point, I know that I'm as red as a tomato so I couldn't bring myself to look at her. Not when I look like I'm about to explode with flushness. I always knew that she was a blunt person. Always straight to the point. Her question replayed in my head making me remember that she was here in front of me patiently waiting for a reply.

"Huh? Wait no I'm not busy, I would lov-like to go eat with you later."

Did I just stutter? Oh my gosh please just make me disappear now. Before I could even follow up on my statement earlier, she already beat me to it.

"Really? Good then, here, snacks. You've been pretty busy lately I hope you're not starving yourself" I watch her say as her eyes sparkle with my reply. She gave me a triangle kimbap with banana milk.

"Thank you..." I couldn't say much. I know damn well my face is red again with this gesture. She has always been this sweet, but after finding out earlier that this time it's not just because she's kind but because she finally likes me, made me feel exceptionally warm despite the cool wind almost making me freeze.

She must've noticed how I'm so close to freezing now. She's not even wearing her blazer, how is she not freezing to death? Is that one of the talents of volleyball players?

"Oh well it's getting chilly now, let's go back to our classroom, I bet we're late already," She said while smiling. 'Oh my gosh, I have no idea how many times I said that phrase today but her smile is really something.'

She caught me off guard again when she adjusted from her position and took her hand and intertwined it with mine and walked with me to our classroom.

'Please take me now, I'm so in love that I might as well just stop breathing.'