chapter 1 | confusion

Every dream I have, you're in the car
You're not with him no more, yes, it's just us
In every dream I have, you're at the bar
Drinking White Russians with me, it's just us

Sunlight gently caressed your fair skin as you put on your grey headphones designed with various stickers listening to your favorite artist Matt Maltese, a poor attempt to block every noise that can be heard from the bus ride to school. You were originally going to school with your friends but you just couldn't today, so you made sure to wake up early and catch the earliest bus. 

No, it's not that you suddenly harbored hatred towards your friends, no never, it's just that these days someone has been plaguing your head. You couldn't stand it. Seeing her smile like that not failing to make you feel as if you've eaten something bad, making you feel confused. Here you are early in the morning feeling the same exact thing at the sudden thought of her. "I don't get it, why am I like this?"

She's one of your best friends, there's no way this is happening right? You were clueless as to when it all began. You were unaware of her effect on you. Your closest friend, the school president. Kim Minji, your first-ever friend. You didn't know how to face her or the rest of the group after finding out the strange feeling in your gut every time you see her. Do you hate her? No, definitely not. 'What is the problem then'

Pondering about that specific question made your mind wander with fresh memories from moving to this country in fourth grade and meeting with possibly one of the sweetest groups of people back then.

"Children settle down!" The teacher behaved in a room full of young students. "You are all about to meet your new classmate, she's from a different environment so be sure to be kind to her do you all understand?" Mrs. Lee's gentle yet commanding voice met the children's ears making them nod all at the same time. It made them curious, a new student? are they a boy or a girl? They couldn't wait until a girl with sheer black hair entered the room.

"Good morning, everyone, my name is Ishikawa Y/N and I am from Hokkaido Japan. I am 9 years old and I am pleased to meet you all." The young girl bowed as she introduced herself, trying her best in speaking the foreign language but it was fairly obvious that she was new to it. 

"Thank you for introducing yourself Y/N you can now find your seat in that free chair, right beside Kim Minji"

She couldn't perfectly understand everything her teacher said but she understood enough of it and walked quietly to her designated seat. She didn't fail to see the curious gazes of the other students. She sat on her chair beside the seemingly tall girl and watched as the teacher left the room saying something she couldn't really pick up well.

"Hello! Nice to meet you my name's Minji, and I noticed you're new to this place but I hope we can be friends from now on." Surprised was an understatement as the girl with a gummy smile with pigtails tied in a bear-designed clip made her presence known to you.

"Ah- uhm nice to meet you too Minji..." you were taken aback not knowing how to exactly respond.

"My friends and I are going to the canteen later; do you want to come with us?" the pigtailed girl asked the slightly smaller girl.

Again, not being the most sociable child and clueless as to how to exactly react to her offer, you just allowed yourself to accept it "Uhm yes sure, I would love to" The way you pronounce your words with difficulty made the pigtailed girl giggle.

You were pulled from your memory lane as the bus stopped and announced that you have arrived at your destination. 'I should probably get them something for not going to school with them today.'

On your way to the bakery shop to buy them their favorite bread your phone gave you a notification, as you grabbed your order you made sure to take a look on your phone first before heading out again. There you saw a message in your group chat with Hyein, Hanni, Haerin, Danielle, and Minji.

New Juice: 6 flavored juices

Hanni : Hey Y/N-ah you didn't tell us you already left your house (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈)

Danielle: Yeah, we went to your house but your grandma told us that you already left.

You: Oh yeah, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you guys,

I woke up early today so I left early.

Minji: No worries, we're all otw to school too. Let's just meet up at the main building.

You: okay :>>

There it goes again, the funny feeling you get every time you interact with Minji. Do you have heart disease now? Digestion problems that only occur when you talk or see Minji? Have you finally met your doom at the age of 18? "I think I need to see a doctor later, you said to yourself with a hint of worry.

'What if I'm going to die?' thought Y/N 'I don't know this, I should ask Hanni she's good with self-diagnosing, she might know my problem'

Author's note: I made a twitter acc 🫶🏻 and I made a newjeans au there (bbangsaz) I'd love it if u can check it out 🥰🥰

https://twitter.com/ephemeral_cgl/status/1660184768351436802?t=0Lq7AgybDSabwvfmhaSzrA&s=19