2

I lay against the side of the ship, curled up in a bunch of stolen animal hides to keep warm. It was quite cozy, and i was about to fall asleep when soft footsteps disturbed my peaceful night. Opening my only working eye, i watched how the blond boy came on deck and made his way to the snouth of the ship, dropping down and laying his head to rest. He hadn't noticed my presence and drifted off to sleep. I watched his chest heave up and down slowly. Taking a closer look at his face, the new bruises became quite clear, that and the fresh cut on his cheek. In all honesty, he was quite handsome, and now that that constant frown was gone, he looked even better. "You gonna keep staring or what?" Huh? "So you did notice me, huh! Why didn't you say anything?" He pulled up his shoulders. "Why should i care? You're just a slave Askeladd took interest in." I was slightly offended. "Im no longer a slave buddy. You might wanne drop that superiority complex, or I'll show you what dirt tastes like." Tch! As if you could ever beat me! I've been training since i was a kid. You, on the other hand, barely have the muscle to keep yourself standing." I mean, i think that's quite impressive, seeing as i was chained to a wall for almost a year." I grumbled at him. He wasn't wrong. I had weakened a lot, but that wasn't exactly my fault either. Or maybe it was...
Silence returned after that, and i went back to inspecting him. He did the same, but the hides covered me up, so there wasn't a whole lot to see. Our eyes met, and we threw each other a piercing gaze. He looked away first and turned around, laying down again. I did the same and went to sleep.

I was woken up the next day with a lovely kick to the ribs. "Ah! What the hell man!" Serves you right. Slave or not your life aint worth shit, that chain around your neck proves it." I looked up at the viking before me. Getting up i made myself tall. "Wanne fucking try me?" Gladly." The bigger man threw the first punch wich was quickly dodged. Getting behind him i threw down my elbow on his neck as he fell forward. He grabbed at the place i hit, getting back up. "Oh you've done it now." His threats meant nothing to me, as i was clearly faster than the fat man. Jumping back i looked at the dude. Blond hair, fat and basic clothes. He was nothing interesting. He charged at me and the moment he got close enough i dropped to the side sticking out my leg as the man tripped over me tumbling to the ground. He face planted and for a second didn't seem like he would get back up. But when he did he grabbed for his sword. As he came back at me i could only dodge because this idiot was swinging around like a mad man. We moved around the ship and i quickly got corned. He went for the final blow but missed and got his sword stuck in wood. Seeing my chance i kicked him in the stomach and he stumbled backwards. Grabbing his sword i put it to his throat and he held up his hands in defeat. I threw the weapon aside and walked past him, back to my resting spot and laid back down. What an eventfull morning. Of course all of this had been seen and heard by multiple people, including thorfinn and Askeladd. One happy and one shocked.

We had set out for see and i was bored out of my mind. Searching around for something to do i spotted thorfinn sitting up in the ships mast. I really wondered about him. He didn't fit in at all. So what was he doing here? I silently climbed up and above him sitting at the very top. The boy was cleaning his weapons. "What are you doing there, tiny?" I watched as his face went from shocked to confused to angry as he processed my presence and words. "What did you just call me?" He asked completely ignoring my question." Your heard me. Tinyyy." As i dragged out the word the boy stood up on the beam he was sitting on, grabbing me by the front of my shirt. My eyes widened a bit. "Watch your tongue slave boy. Or you'll lose it." He still held his dagger and i was well aware that we were a few meters up in the air. But that didn't stop me. "I'd like to see you try." Blondie gave a hard tug on my shirt making me lose balance. Falling down i took hold of him and we fell down togheter, fighting for the upper hand. I won and thorfinn hit the deck back first, me landing on top of him. "Phew!" I sat like that for a second as thorfinn pushed me off. "Get the fuck off you bastard!" We got up and he took me by my shirt once more going in for the hit. I grabbed his incoming fist. "Seeing as this is the only way you can understand heres a bit of advice; i said with a cold stare; dont pick fights you cant win." In his shocked state he didn't react in time and took the full blow of my headbut. He stumbled back holding his face as blood dripped down his nose. He was pissed, but let it go as this fight had clearly finished, and he hadn't won.

It had been days but i was said that we would finally reach shore today. I packed a small satchel and got ready to walk. In the past few days i had strengthen a lot i got some meat on my bones. I vould feel my energy returning and was exited to get into action. Even though the thought of killing was my favorite it wouldn't be my first. I was prepared.

As i jumped down into the sand i heaved a deep breath of fresh air. Before me was a forest. A random forest somewhere along the coast of England.