6

We walked...

And walked...

And walked...

"Ahhhhhh! Thorfinnnn!! This is so boringggggg!!!" As i whined about all the walking, thorfinn was glaring daggers at me. "Carry me." I dropped myself on his back, and he almost buckled under the weight. "Get of you retard!" He yelled as he pushed me away. I refound my balance as i huffed a breath. "You no fun man." Thorfinn spun around grabbing the chain connected to the collar around my neck. "War is not 'fun'!" He growled. My expression slowly turned into a surprised look as i looked down on him. A shadow cast over my eyes as i leaned in real close, only going forward as he backed away. As his back hit a tree, i stared straight into his eyes. My eyes switched between the boys hand that held my chain and his shocked face. I seemed to be on edge as i stared at him threatenin. As if it never happened, a grin took over my facial. "Look, we all know you swing that way, but if you want me that badly, just say so, man." Grinning, i watched as his face exploded in red. He shoved me away again and angrily stomped past me. I laughed at him, running after the boy to catch up.

It was nighttime and we had been walking all day. I was about to take off my boots to give my feet a breather, but thorfinn stopped me. "Dont to that. Your feet will swell up." He said as he got comfortable in the grass. Looking up at the sky, the stars shone brightly. It was quite nice. The weather wasn't as warm as before, and the leafs were falling, but all in all, it was a peaceful autumn night. Turning my head, i saw thorfinn was already staring at me. "What is it now?" With a deadpan expression, i stared back at the silent boy. As he noticed my face, however, he gained his 24/7 grupmy face. "Sheesh, you really dont know your own mood, man. Dont you look at me like that and then get mad at me, dude." Thorfinn's face scrunched up even more, and he turned the other way. I sighed and looked back up at the sky. "God, you're such a pain." Falling asleep soon after i let darkness take over.

We had been walking for half a day again, trying to catch up to the vikings that kidnapped the so-called prince. Looking around, the untouched nature was quite beautiful. Who knew the world could look like this? Thorfinn, on the other hand, was his usual annoying self. "What chu mad about this time shorty?" Teasingly, i waited for his reaction. "None of your damn business!" His snarly tone wasn't like normal. He was hiding something. "What's bothering you?" He just huffed, refusing to answer me. By now, we had been traveling together for a few months, and his behavior became easier to read by the day. But this, this was new. I mean, he wasn't one to talk a lot, but every time something was bothering him, it was obvious what the issue was. But this seemed completely random. Had Askeladd said something i wasn't aware of?

Letting it go, i focused back on the road. Im sure it'll pass.

It didn't.

Whatever it was that was bothering him, it only got worse. He was on edge, angry at anyone who had as much as bumped into him. Anything i said was met with nasty looks and yelling for me to shut up. I eventually just left the grump, deciding to walk alongside Bjorn, who was in a much better mood.

Now seated around a campfire, i was still staying with the big viking, not in the mood for the gremlins behavioral problems. But apparently he had a different idea, as he sat down next to me, taking a bite out of the piece of meat he was holding. I glanced at him before focusing back on the conversation.

I occasionally saw thorfinn glaring at the two of us, or heard him mumbling under his breath, but he didn't do anything to try and join us apart from just sitting there, eating.

When i finally said my goodbyes to Bjorn and left i heard the blond get up and follow behind me.

I walked through the makeshift camp untill the very end, seeing how far the idiot would follow. As i reached the border of the camp, all the noise now behind me i turned to look at him. "What do you want, Thorfinn? You've followed me all this way, and for what? Need to blow of some more steam? I really aint in the mood to argue with you right now." He just looked at me, through the strand of hair covering his face. His frown deepened as he started drifting off in thought. "Tch." I walked up to him till i stood right in front of him. His eyes slightly widened, the only giveaway to his surprise. "You gonna learn to use your words and talk about what bothering you, or do you wanne fight it out, because im tired and either way you need to make it quick or im leaving." He glared at me and opened his miuth to sah something but shut it again after nothing came out. I sighed walking past him and ready to head back into the outer parts of camp to find a spot to sleep, but was stopped by a hand grabbing my forearm. "What are you doing to me?...." Huh? What are you talking about you moron? I aint doing anything." I looked back at him in confusion. His face seemed angry but i could see that same confusion swirling in his brown eyes. "Everytime you do something idiotic, i wanne get mad at you, but its almost as if i cant. You bother me all the time, and i just kinda let you. Why?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Idk dude. Thats your problem not mine. Maybe you just have more tolerance for me." Thorfinn frowned again. "If thats all, im leaving now. Feel free to join me." With that i turned around and left.

I kinda knew what he was talking about, seeing as i could take his shit way better than anyone elses, and our fights were always just playful banter to me. But isn't that what friendship is all about? Why did he find it so strange? He did see me as a friend right? Would suck if not, then id be waisting all this time.

The two of us found a spot near a small, stray campfire and settled down. We laid on opposite sides of the fire facing up towards the sky. "Thorfinn, we are friends right?" Friends?" I stiffened. "you mean to tell me you dont see me as a friend?" That was a threat and the blond took notice of this. "Uhhh, sureee..." i deadpanned at his answer. "You know that explains your stupid question from before. That feeling you have towards me, the tolerance, thats what friendship entails. A friendship is with someone you can tolerate more that others. Someone you can get along with." Thorfinn stayed silent. "So from kow on, we are friends, so dont get into shit i cant get ya out of, cause ill leave your ass." I snickered a bit at my words and turned to look ar the blond once more. He looked at me as well, with a peaceful expression on his face. With a big grin i said, "So, what ya say? Friends or nah?" His eyes widened slightly, as he turned back to the sky. "Sure."

________

Dude i really suck at writing filler. Here is a crappy chapter. I need to build yall's relationship before the farl arc so because of that i need to make some filler. Anyway hope you enjoy it anyway!