Chapter 3: The Party

It's a little while before everyone will start showing up. The guys and I set up the stereos and got drinks in the kitchen. I can basically predict what's going to happen tonight. Matt is going to either get piss drunk and throw up all over a girl, which trust me, has happened before or he'll make out with a few girls and then just crash randomly. Brett won't drink as much, but he'll have a girl stay the night in one of the guest rooms with him. Lauren will be herself and watch over the house like the perfect little good girl she is. I on the other hand will be grabbing a beer, socializing because it's required, and then I'll drink myself into a coma...or so I hope.

"I'm going to go put some chips out for people," I tell Matt as I head into the kitchen. I grab a couple bowls and pour the chips into them. As I'm finishing Lauren walks in.

"What's up Lauren? I thought parties weren't your usual good girl thing." I smirk at her.

"I'm just getting a drink and then I'll be going back upstairs."

"Nonalcoholic I assume?" She rolls her eyes at me. It's fun fucking with her.

"By the way, there is nothing wrong with being a good girl," she informs me. I just smirk at her and walk to get the door for the people that just arrived.

"I know a girl I can hook you up with," Brett says leaning on the wall next to me.

"I know all you think about is sex, but that's not my priority for tonight Brett. Thanks." I laugh and shake my head.

"Well if you change your mind she'll be waiting," and with that comment our conversation ends. He turns around and greets people while they're walking through the door. Fuck sex, that won't screw me up. It'll just screw the girl up. I'm more into self-destruction rather than destroying other people. Hurting other people won't do any good since I'm the one who should be hurt.

By now there's almost 60 people in Matt's house. There's music blasting through the speakers. It's a good thing Matt lives in the middle of nowhere otherwise the neighbors would kill him for all the noise.

I grab a can of beer and poor the beer into the sink. I take some whiskey and poor it in the can instead. I'm not sure why I did that, but I can handle my alcohol really well so it's the same thing to me. I go and socialize with some people while more kids pile into the house.

Some guy asks me, "Do you know where Lauren is?"

"Maybe, what's it to you?" I examine the guy. He's 5'8, pretty muscular, black hair, and brown eyes. He looks a young, maybe 15.

He extends his hand for me to shake, “I’m her friend Lucas."

I notice his hand is bruised. I would ask out of curiostity, but it's not my business. 

"Aaron. Up the stairs, first door on the left. Don't mess with her though, her brothers a tough guy."

"I know he is.Thanks Aaron," and with that he runs up the stairs. He just doesn't look her type, but it doesn't make a difference to me.

By now I feel a little buzzed. Everyone else seems drunk as well so I go to Matt's room and grab my sweatshirt to go outside on the porch. It's cold outside and I can hear the music still. I'm holding the bottle of Jack Daniels I grabbed on my way out. I start chugging it, not having a care in the world.

The sliding door opens, "What are you doing out here, Aaron?"

I'm not in the mood for this, "Leave me alone."

"Did you already drink half of that?"

"Yeah Lauren." I can feel myself starting to slur so I don't say anything else.

"Aren't you cold?"

"What is this 20 questions? No the alcohol keeps me warm. Why don't you just go run back inside to your room?"

"I think you should stop drinking now. It's not good for you to drink that much."

"I can drink way more than I have. I'm fine because I know how to handle my alcohol," I continue, "and don't try to tell me what's good for me."

"You're 17, you shouldn't know how to even handle your alcohol," she looks at me disapprovingly.

"Well once you've been through half the shit I have then you can come tell me that."

"Fair enough. I just think it's going to hurt you eventually."

"That's the fucking point Lauren, I want it to hurt me," I go on with my drunken rant, "You're clueless. The world isn't some perfect little place like you'd like it to be. So just kindly fuck right off. I don't need you telling me what's right for me."

She looks at me with two clear emotions, anger and sadness. What the fuck ever. I don't need to hear it from little miss perfect. A face flashes in my mind. A face that's all too familiar, my father's face. I can feel the anger surge through my bloodstream. Why does he always fucking come back into my head? I'm supposed to forget and all this seems to do is make me remember. I slam my fist into the table that's on the porch. I punch it again and again until I see blood on my fists and a dent in the table. Fuck it. I drink the rest of what's in the small bottle and go to one of Matt's guest rooms to sleep.