"Yes."

"...Okay." You said finally, after what felt like an eternity, and Leo snapped his head up to look at you.

"Really?!" He exclaimed, his voice coming out a few octaves higher than usual.

You shrugged from the fire escape, and despite your positive words, you looked conflicted. Leo's heart sank a tad.

"Lee...you're a dumbass, but...I miss you more than I'm mad at you, y'know? ...I don't know. I probably shouldn't have snapped yesterday. But my feelings were hurt." You said slowly, uncertainly.

Leo nodded. "Well...can I please...try to make it up to you? I know I can't take back what I did, but can I...I don't know, do things with you...more often? If you want that?"

"Well...do you want that?" You said glumly. "I don't want you to hang out with me out of guilt or pity or something-"

"I'd never hang out with you out of pity! I...I thought you were hanging out with me out of pity." Leo admitted.

You snorted. "Oh, so I was mad at you out of pity? Leo, if I didn't care about you, my feelings wouldn't be hurt."

"Oh." He said, dumbly. "Wow."

"You're an idiot." You said with a smile.

" Wow." He said again, staring at the ground. "Well- now I'm...even more sorry."

"Excellent. You should be. Screw you, Leonardo." But you were grinning fondly, so he knew you didn't mean it.

"I guess I deserve that." He smiled.

"Yeah. You do. You know what I deserve though?" You said, sauntering down the fire escape as dramatically as you could muster without looking stupid.

"What?" Leo said, staring nervously as you swung your feet recklessly over the railing to hop onto the ladder. He was convinced you were doing it on purpose, just to stress him out.

"I deserve for you to buy me popsicles. Your brother ate my whole stash." You said, hopping off the ladder, onto the dumpster lid, before landing next to him with a dramatic bow, and Leo sighed in relief that you were safe and solidly planted on the ground.

"(Y/N), that'll be tough, considering..." He smiled weakly, waving at himself. "This whole deal?"

You smiled mournfully, sighing. "I know....okay, fine, we'll do somethin' else."

Leo smiled back, staring at you as you smiled at him with an expression that was a mix between something sweet and a shit-eating smirk, and you were so close to him with the soft morning light in your hair, and you liked him-

Ugh stop Leo, you're being creepy, said the voice in his head.

"I miss this." He found himself saying, and he could practically feel the blush on his face.

"Oh, good. Me too." You said, rubbing the back of your neck. "I...I care about you a lot, Leo, so. I guess it's nice to know that you care too."

"Ditto." He said, trying and failing to shake off the stilted awkwardness. This wasn't right, this wasn't what talking to you was supposed to feel like!

He opened his mouth to fill the silence with the first thing he could think of. "I...I don't like Karai, uhm, in case you were wondering. I don't know why I'm telling you that, but it's true." He said, and then cringed. Way to make things less awkward, Leonardo. Captain Ryan would never.

"Oh. That's...cool." You said, an odd relief in your eyes.

"I like someone else, actually..." He said, and oh holy pizza supreme in the sky why was he still talking?!