'My Brother's an Idiot' Blues

Raph punched a wall.

Leonardo was an idiot.

Raph groaned, stomping on the ground.

"Why is the guy so obsessed with hanging out with The Shredder's daughter who's tried killing us multiple times?! Leo's gonna get himself hurt, and then what?! And it doesn't help that none of them bother to listen to me ever, Spi-"

He deflated, staring at the empty tank.

"...Spike." He mumbled, reminded of how his friend had become...Slash...and tried to kill his brothers....

Raph swallowed, clenching his fists tighter.

"You okay, Leo?' Said Donnie from down the tunnels, in the living room.

Raph felt like screaming. They were comforting him, as if he hadn't just gone off and risked his life for the millionth time! But when Raph did impulsive stuff, they just laughed or got mad! This wasn't fair!

Raph punched his pillow, biting down the impulse to break something, and physically biting his mask tails.

'Calming down' was clearly not working, he decided as he spat out his even-more-torn-now-mask tails. ...Time to go topside.

Leaving the lair really did do wonders for clearing his head, he noted as he shoved the manhole cover up and emerged into the alleyway. The air was warmer and fresher, and-

"Ah!" He yelped, jumping back.

Someone had just thrown a rock at him?!

There was a clattering sound from the fire escape, as if someone was jumping up from a seat.

"Shit-"

Oh great, it was Leo's crush. Of course you were the one throwing rocks at him.

"(Y/N), seriously?!" Raph growled, glaring up at where you were perched on the fire escape.

"Sorry Raphael." You said, cringing as you looked down towards him. Admittedly you did genuinely look sorry, with tears in your eyes and regret written all over your face...and Raph doubted it all came from your overwhelming remorse for throwing a rock at him.

Still, his arm hurt now, on top of everything else in his life, and Raph frankly didn't care about whatever the hell your damage was.

"Why the fuck were you throwing rocks at me?!" He barked, feeling slightly silly as he craned his neck up to meet your eyes.

"Why the fuck were you in my rock's way?" You said back, but your voice was flat and tired. The apologetic expression on your face had faded too, shifting into a bored and mildly disappointed look that Splinter wore all the time.

"Well sue me for wanting a break from my-" fucking- no, that felt too mean- " -stupid brothers. I can't even leave the lair without someone messing with me, apparently!" He snapped, and he picked up the rock and chucked it as hard as he could at the wall.

"Well sue me for wanting a pleasant and harmless way of relieving stress and anger." You said, tossing another rock off the fire escape. Raph flinched as it sailed towards him, but instead of striking him, it hit the manhole cover a few feet away. He picked it up, taking in your words.

Raph tossed the rock back and forth between his hands. "Stressed and angry?" He echoed, looking up at you again.

Honestly, the idea of you being angry, of all people, felt pretty foreign. Sarcastic, sure, sassy, definitely, and even irritable...but mad?