Chapter 26

It is now Tuesday. Three days ago, Lyanna went to talk to Sarah. That is also the last time they had spoken. They normally call every day, but they haven't. Lyanna hesitated a few times to call her anyway, but she didn't. Lyanna didn't realize how much she loved Sarah until Sarah stopped her. When they stopped calling every night and she could no longer tell Sarah her story. She wasn't just her girlfriend, she was her best friend. And it hurts Lyanna a lot when she simply doesn't see or talk to Sarah for so long. She feels very, very fucked up. Saturday went well because Daisy was there, but Sunday was hell for Lyanna. She felt depressed and wanted nothing more than to drink it away. But she didn't, because she wanted to be stronger than the pain. But in the end, it didn't work. She feels terrible. Lyanna had a drinking problem in the past, but it went on for a very long time. But because of things like this, she has a relapse. It started with one glass of wine, of course, but it ended up being many. But on Monday she had to sit on the blisters and had a very hard time. It is now Tuesday and Sarah and Lyanna have to go to school. Lyanna thinks about just calling in sick, but she can't do that to the kids. As Lyanna was on the train to school, someone called her. Only she didn't know the number. But she answered just to be sure.

"Hello, who is this?" asked Lyanna. "It's me, Maggie. My mother is not feeling well. What happened? Do you know? Is it because of my father? Is it because of me?" asks Maggie. "Yes, your mother is not feeling well. She's not very happy. But Maggie, it's not because of you. Your father and mother had a little fight and now they are both sad and angry. But it has nothing to do with you. It's kind of my fault," Lyanna said. "Can you talk to my mother again? Maybe that would make her feel better," Maggie said. "I'll try, but I can't guarantee anything," Lyanna said. "Thank you! You're the best. I'll talk to you later. And by the way, when are you coming over to help me with my Dutch homework again? I really don't understand any of it," Maggie said. "I'll come and help you tomorrow afternoon, is that okay?" asked Lyanna. "Okay, see you then," Maggie said. "Bye Maggie," Lyanna says. 

Lyanna arrives at the school a little later, along with a few other colleagues. When Daisy and Taylor see her, they are worried. This is not the Lyanna they remember. They are very worried. They don't know what's going on. At least Taylor doesn't.

"What happened to her?" Taylor asks. "Sarah," Daisy says. "Daisy, I don't understand you. What exactly is going on? What happened?" asks Taylor. "If you want to know, we should have a private talk somewhere. Not everyone here needs to know. Are you sure you want to know?" asks Daisy. "Definitely Daisy. I want to know why she feels this way," says Taylor. "Follow me and we'll find a quiet place to talk," Daisy said. "Okay, I'll follow you," Taylor said.

Lyanna sees Daisy and Taylor talking, but she thinks nothing of it. She's just going to have a nice chat with Nova. Meanwhile, Taylor and Daisy find a quiet place to talk. As they walk, Taylor is so curious about what is going on with Lyanna and what Sarah has to do with it. And why Daisy knows and she doesn't.

"Tell me what's going on," Taylor says. "I talked to Lyanna on Saturday night because she was feeling really bad. And I was there for moral support. She told Sarah that she wanted to wait for her, but not forever. Because Lyanna has kind of been waiting for her for a long time," Daisy said. "Slow down, this is going too fast for me for a moment. Is Lyanna a lesbian? Is she in love with Sarah?" asks Taylor. "Yes, she is. But Sarah was married and Sarah's husband had a crush on Lyanna. It was just a difficult situation," Daisy says. "Oh wow. I wasn't expecting that. But why does she look so depressed now?" asks Taylor. "Probably because of Sarah. And the fact that she's been drinking again for the first time in a year. Alcohol affects you differently", Daisy said. 

"I feel so sorry for Lyanna. We should be helping them," Taylor said. "How are you going to help them? Lyanna doesn't even know you know all this," Lyanna said. "We need to come up with a plan," Taylor said. "You're serious," Daisy said. "Okay, but how are we going to do that? Do you have a plan?" asked Taylor. "I have a few ideas. But I need your help," Daisy said. "I'm here for you. Anything for Lyanna," Taylor said. "Here's the plan," Daisy said.

Meanwhile, Sarah also arrives at the school. She is not feeling much better than Lyanna. She quickly grabs a cup of coffee and heads to her classroom to recover from what happened at home. As she reaches for her phone, she sees a text from Maggie. "Hey Mom, good luck with work. Love you, Maggie" This certainly makes Sarah very happy. She sets up her things as the first students arrive. Now she has to put on her nice and cute look. It doesn't go so well at first, but eventually it gets better. The start of her lesson.