Chapter 47

It is Tuesday. Yesterday Lyanna and Sarah had a rather strange day. One class didn't show up at all. She thought that was very strange. This hasn't happened before. Lyanna was in so much pain, but she acted as if nothing had happened when she was around Sarah. Why, you might ask. Well, last night, when Sarah went out to buy some groceries, Lyanna found Sarah's diary. And she read everything Sarah had written in her diary. She read all about her fear and stress and her talking about Lyanna. And it completely broke Lyanna. She didn't know Sarah had those feelings. And she immediately thought it was because of her. So she was really sad when she read it. What did she do wrong? She always thought she was there for Sarah if she needed anything. But now she reads this and her opinion changes completely. She is not sure what she has done wrong. Did this really happen? Is this how Sarah really feels? Lyanna cried when she read it. It broke her. She did not know what to do or how to go on. Moments later, Sarah returned home and called out to Lyanna, but there was no answer. Putting the groceries on the table, she searched the house for Lyanna.

"Lyanna? Where are you? I'm home. Want to watch a movie? I brought popcorn. The kids are out of the house tonight, so it will be a night to ourselves," Sarah said.

Still nothing came back.

"Lyanna? You're scaring me. Where the hell are you now? Please get out here," Sarah says.

When Sarah came into her room, she was in shock. Her diary was open on the bed with a note next to it. She already knew what was happening. Sarah was afraid to read the note, afraid of what it might say. Nevertheless, she picked it up and began to read.

"Hey Sarah, I read your diary. It's my fault. I can't be here with you like this. I'm only hurting you. I went home. I'll see you later. Please don't try to call me. I need some time to myself. I need to work this out for myself. Love, Lyanna," Lyanna wrote. 

Sarah burst into tears. What had she done wrong? Lyanna and Sarah both think they are wrong now. Emotions take over. It has been too much for both of them lately. So much has happened in the last few weeks, even months. This is the breaking point in their relationship. Sarah goes over to her bedside table and opens the drawer. There is a box in the front of the drawer. She takes the box and opens it. Inside is a beautiful ring.

"I was going to ask her today during the movie, but I was late," Sarah says.

Crying, she puts the box back in its place. She went to the other bedside table, Lyanna's. She opened the drawer and saw a note. She grabbed the note and looked at what it said. It said, engagement plan. Oh no, Lyanna was going to propose to her too. Sarah cried when she saw what she wanted to plan or had already planned. Sarah could not take it anymore. With the ring, Sarah ran downstairs. She snatched her car keys and ran quickly out the doorway. Then she got into the car and drove off in a hurry. On her way to Lyanna's house. She had wanted to do this for so long. She had waited a long time for this, but the right time never came. But Sarah realised that there is never a perfect or good time. Because a proposal makes a moment right. In three quarters of an hour she finally arrived at Lyanna's house. She was stressed the whole way and at one point even looked a little anxious because she found it so nerve-wracking.When Sarah got to Lyanna's house, she waited in the car for a while. The lights in Lyanna's house were on, so she was home. She took the ring and put it in her coat pocket. Her heart was racing. She walked to the door and before she rang, she saw that the door was still open.Sarah thought this was very strange. Why should the door still be open? Carefully, she pushed the door open without making too much noise. Sarah tried to look for Lyanna as quietly as she could. She wanted it to be a surprise to see her. She looked downstairs first, lights on, TV on, but no sign of Lyanna. Then she went up the stairs. She heard a strange sound. She couldn't quite make out what it was. Then she heard which room it was coming from. She pushed the door open and saw something horrible in there. 

"What's wrong with you? You nasty bitch," shouts Sarah. "Sarah, it's not what it looks like," Avery says. "You really need to shut the fuck up, you whore. Lyanna, what is this? You and my ex?" says Sarah angrily. "We were just talking," Lyanna says. "Don't try and make it up to me, Lyanna. I understand that you are angry with me over my stupid diary, but now you are hurting me twice as much. This is too much, Lyanna," Sarah says.

Sarah takes the box from her jacket pocket.

"Keep it. I don't want it anymore," Sarah says. "Come on Sarah, let's talk," Lyanna says. "No Lyanna, it's too late to talk. I came here to ask you to marry me and then I see this. I am so sorry I believed in us," Sarah says.

Sarah walks away angrily. She was so sad and angry all at once. Ignoring what Avery and Lyanna were all saying, she went straight to the car and drove off. Hurrying home, she couldn't take it anymore.