Chapter 18: Total Drama Aftermath

Noah POV

I rolled my eyes as I stepped onto the set of Total Drama Aftermath, the after-show that followed the drama-filled reality competition that I had just competed in. But as soon as I saw Cody, I couldn't help but smile.

Cody was sitting in a nearby chair, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement as he looked up at me.

"Hey Noah," he said with a grin. "Ready to act like we're just friends on this show?"

I sighed dramatically. "As if I'd have it any other way."

Geoff and Bridgette, the hosts of the show, took their places at the front of the stage, and the lights came up, signaling the start of the show.

"Welcome to Total Drama Aftermath!" Geoff boomed into the microphone. "We've got an exciting episode for you today, with our two contestants, Cody and Noah, ready to dish about the competition and maybe even flirt a little bit."

Cody and I shared a knowing look, knowing that we were going to have to play it cool on this show, especially since we were in a closeted relationship.

The first part of the show went by in a blur, with Geoff and Bridgette asking us questions about the competition, and us giving answers that were equal parts serious and sarcastic. But all throughout the show, Cody and I kept exchanging sly smiles and secret glances.

At one point, Bridgette asked us a particularly juicy question, and I leaned in close to Cody, whispering in his ear.

"I want to kiss you so badly right now," I murmured, making Cody smirk.

Cody took the lead. "But we can't, because we're just friends, remember?" he said, playing along.

I rolled my eyes. "As if anyone could ever forget."

Geoff and Bridgette carried on with the show, unaware of the tension between Cody and I. But we were both inwardly grinning, knowing that we had just shared a secret moment that was all our own.

As the show came to a close and the lights dimmed, Cody took my hand and led me off the stage, into the cool night air.

"That was intense," he said, still smiling.

I smirked. "you're telling me. I thought I was going to have to keep my hands to myself the entire time."

We both giggled and made out way back to our shared room.

397 words