Chapter 2: The woods

Noah and Cody spent the next few days exploring the woods, laughing, and getting to know each other. But as they delved deeper into the wilderness, they started to face some problems. They were running low on food and water, and they were lost. Really lost.

One night, as they huddled together for warmth, Noah woke up feeling a soft surface against his lips.

Noah POV

As I woke up from my slumber, I felt something cuddling up close to me... I felt a soft sensation on my lips, and upon opening my eyes, I saw that I was kissing Cody's ear. I quickly jumped up, yelling loudly, causing Cody to wake up and realise what was happening as well.

But in the moment, we quickly brushed it off as if nothing had happened. I didn't want to bring it up again, as I didn't want to ruin Cody and I's newfound friendship. I'm pretty sure Cody felt the exact same way.

As we continued on our journey, we came across a river that was too wide to cross.

We searched for a way to cross it for hours, but there was no bridge or way around it. Just as we were about to give up and turn around, Cody spotted a narrow log bridge in the distance. We hesitantly approached it, testing its stability. It seemed safe enough.

Oh, was I wrong.

As we made our way across the log bridge, it started to break, and we were plunged into the water below. I swam over to Cody, who was struggling to stay afloat, and helped him to the shore.

"Are you okay?" I asked, panting.

Cody nodded, coughing. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for saving me."

I just nodded. "Yeah whatever. Don't get used to it. I just didn't want to have to roam the woods alone."

Cody laughed and shook his head, water shaking absolutely everywhere. I grimaced, standing up. I then shook the water off of me, causing Cody to whine. "Hey, I just dried off! Now I'm soaked again!" I just smirked at his comment.

But as we continued on our journey, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more between us than just friendship. I tried to shake that thought away. Of course, Cody doesn't think of me that way. Hell, I don't even know if he's into guys! I can't let some dumb guy throw me off track. I need to get to that island.

No one's POV

They were both confused about their feelings, but they didn't want to bring it up and risk ruining what they had. So, they continued on their journey, determined to find their way to Playa des losers and figure out what their feelings meant. But one thing was for sure, their time in the woods had brought them closer together and changed their lives forever.

482 words