Chapter 1: The Fall

Noah sighed as he looked out the window of the Total Drama Island elimination helicopter. He had just been voted off the show and was now being flown to the island, Playa Des Losers. He didn't like it there anyway. So, he was kind of glad he got voted out, yet he was frustrated because he really needed that million.

He leaned his head against the window, lost in thought when suddenly the helicopter jolted and started to spin out of control. Noah screamed as he was thrown out of the helicopter, unable to hold onto anything. He closed his eyes, bracing for impact, when suddenly everything went black.

When Noah woke up, he was lying on a soft bed of leaves and grass. He rubbed his head, trying to remember what had happened. He then heard a voice coming from behind him.

"Are you okay? I saw the helicopter go down and came to check if anyone was hurt."

Noah turned to see a boy about his age, with light brown hair and bright blue eyes, looking down at him with concern.

"Yeah, besides falling out of a helicopter and probably hitting my head and getting a concussion, I think I'm okay," Noah replied sarcastically, sitting up. He rubbed his head in pain "Where am I? Where's the helicopter?"

"You're in the middle of the woods... and the helicopter flew away," the boy said with a pitiful smile. "I'm Cody. I live near here and I saw the helicopter fly in circles. I was the only one around to help."

"Wow, you're such a hero. Thank you," Noah said, again sounding sarcastic. However, he was actually really grateful. "I'm Noah. I was on Total Drama Island, but I got voted off. I was on my way to the loser's island I think,"

"Really?" Cody's eyes lit up. "I love that show! What was it like being on there?"

Noah smiled a bit, though quickly shook away the odd feelings. "It was so exciting. Best experience ever. Almost died a few times, isn't that great? Now they want me to wait at the island until they might force me back." He laughed.

Cody nodded, a soft giggle escaping his lips. "Sounds rough. But hey, we can figure it out together. Let's look around, and maybe we can find that losers island. My parents are out, until like... long. So I've got time,"

Noah grinned, feeling a sense of excitement and adventure he hadn't felt in a long time. As he and Cody set off into the woods, he couldn't help but think that maybe this fall from the reality show was precisely what he needed to find the courage to be himself and live his truth.

458 words