Pulled Papers and Graduating Top Gun.

Bradley watched his best friend scream down the phone at her father after they were told their admission papers into the Naval academy were pulled.

She wanted to know why, so she did the only thing she could and rang her dad.

After a few minutes, she walked out of their shared house, cursing the man out.

"He pulled our papers. The asshole pulled our papers, and he won't tell me why." She seethed.

He watched her pace the garden before he moved to stop her.

"I hate him. I never want to see him again. He set us back, Bradley. Why would he do this?" She rambled out as she looked up to her best friend.

"I don't know. I hate him too. So, lets hate him together." He stated before pulling the girl into a hug.

What they didn't know was that Carole had asked Maverick on her death bed to not let the boy end up like his father, and he just couldn't risk his daughter's life.

He set their careers back by four years, but he didn't care as he believed he was doing it to keep them safe.

It had been a year since the Bradshaw woman had died and they were now living in their childhood home.

Her words resonated in Maverick's head when she told him their kids were destined to be together.

He never wanted to believe it, but he could see it in their eyes as they grew up.

Pete Mitchell distanced himself from the kids after Carole's death and he pulled their papers.

He was hurt by his daughter's words when she told him that she didn't want to see him again and that she hated him.

He buried himself in his work and his friend and former wingman, Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky could see how much it hurt him at his daughter's statement.

Four years later, they were admitted into the Naval academy and headed through basic training.

Both had graduated from The University of Virginia, just months before and applied to the Navy once again.

During the academy they were separated from each other and found other friends that were younger than them.

Olivia became friends with Jake Seresin and Javy Machado from her classes while Bradley became friends with Natasha Trace.

Upon graduating the academy, they were stationed away from each other.

Both had their Call signs and were happy with them.

Bradley's was a homage to his late father and fitted him as he was always up at the crack of dawn exactly like a Rooster.

Olivia's fitted hers perfectly as she would always sneak up under the radar while out on the training sessions, she was essentially a Ghost.

After several years of service, they were both called to Top Gun and graduated near the top of their class with Jake Seresin graduating first in their class.

It was during their time at Top Gun, both Bradley and Olivia realised they were more than friends and began to date.

After graduating, Bradley and Olivia were stationed at the Naval air Station Oceana, with the VFA-87 Golden Warriors.

Two years of dating, lead to Bradley taking Olivia for a nice meal, followed by a catch up on the beach with their friends who were on leave.

He managed to get his friend, Natasha 'Phoenix' Trace to distract the girl for long enough as he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box containing the engagement ring.

"Liv, we have known each other since birth and have been best friends since. These last two years have been the happiest I have been in a long time, and I realised that I never wanted that feeling to stop. So, Olivia Jayden Mitchell, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Bradley asked as Phoenix turned the woman around.

"Yes." Olivia cried before launching herself into the man's arms, making them fall back into the sand.

Their friends cheered as Bradley placed the ring on her finger and pressed their lips together in a slow passionate kiss.

Little did they know that they were two years away from being called back to Top Gun for a special mission.