Prologue

(Harmony)

I don't really know how to say this, but life as you know it is in grave danger. Yeah, it's a lot to handle, especially as just a freshman. Just imagine a coloring book. Everything outside of the lines is considered terrible and everything inside the lines is golden. Oh and did I mention that those forbidden out-of-the-box scribbles and accidental dashes are your art. Your music. Your creativity.

Let me explain. My twin sister, Melody, and I are the most musical people you will ever meet. I'm talking major choir dweebs here. I can't really remember how it all started. We've both been singing since we could talk. So when our choir teacher, Mr. Monroe , asked to see us after class, we weren't surprised.

My sister and I walked up to our teachers cluttered desk, where he sat busily typing on his computer. Mr. Monroe, known to his students as Mr. M, was a tall, skinny man in his late twenties. He was definatly a favorite at Middleton High, recognized as a confident conductor, yet he always had a nervous look in his dark eyes.

"Hey Mr. M! You said you wanted to see us?", Melody's voice rang out loud and clear in the near empty choir hall.

"Oh, hello girls. Well I suppose your both wandering why I kept you.", Mr. M said quitely. "You should be aware that you are two of the most talented singers I've ever taught. What I mean is... I think you girls are very... special. So, I'd think its time to indroduce you both to a... few friends of mine... in the...music business."

"Sounds good to me, I guess" I stuttered, wandering what we were getting ourselves into. One look at Melody told me she was thinking the same thing.

"Great! Meet us at my house around 7 tonight."

My sister and I left the hall and walked towards are lockers, our eyes locking for a breif second. I could barely read her expression, but if I had to guess, I would say one thing. Worried. Very puzzled and very worried.