♥Chapter: 3♥

The next morning, it was 6 a.m. and I was up getting myself together for the horrid day. I took a quick shower, ate breakfast, fed Imani and now I was getting Imani and myself dressed as Tyrese was to be here very soon. I went to my closet and there wasn't much new things. I haven't bought new pair of clothes in a long time. I guess I will just have to stick to whatever I see.

I pulled out a white and yellow sweater, dark blue skinny jeans and a black and yellow jewel studded sandal. For Imani, I picked out a cute pink-checkered dress and white sandals.

"Imani, it's time to dress you up." I said trying to put a smile on my face as I went up to her. She was lying on my bed as I finished changing her diaper. I slid the dress on to her gently and zipped up the back.

"Well don't you look pretty sweet heart?" I said brushing her curly hair cautiously.

"Da-da! Da-da! Da-da!" She said as she poked her cute small fingers into her mouth.

I frowned again. She had to remind of that terrible guy who has to be her dang father.

"Da-da should be coming any minute. Let me just finish up these cute pigtails for you."

I brushed her hair, parted it in the middle and took two butterfly barrettes forming two cute pigtails for her. She smiled at me.

"I love you Imani."

"Wuvvvvv" She said as her big adorable eyes look at me. I couldn't be any prouder of my angel.

I giggled. "It's Loooveeee."

"Wuv"

"Love sweetheart, love."

"Lo-vvv..." She said innocently.

I smiled at her. "Yes sweetie pie! You're getting good at speaking! And soon before you know it, you'll be going to kindergarten and everything. Make friends and all that. You will be happy all the time."

"Hap-hap!" She cheered.
I picked her up and started swinging her around the room as she giggled and laughed about. She was so positive and made me happy when she was around me. Now that she had to go off to be with Tyrese, I was truly going to miss her.

I stopped swinging her about and I sat down on the bed with her on my lap.

"Imani, can I tell you something?"

She gave me a perplexed look and giggled.

"Sweetie..." I started. I gently made her head lay on my shoulder and I gave her a kiss.

"Love is a wonderful thing. Many people are born from love sweetheart just like you."

"Wuv!" She said.

"Aw sweetheart, I love you. I truly love you and I know you love me too. But your father isn't a nice guy... yet I stay with him. I don't want you not having a father. You need two parents. Not one. And remember this sweetheart, no matter what anybody says to you, saying you're worthless, a loser, calling you bad words or anything like that, they're not true to you. Always be true to you baby girl. And don't end up like mommy, never. By the time you're my age; you'll have a wonderful boyfriend and won't be living in a crappy neighborhood like mine."

Imani soon hugged my neck gently and I gave her a peck on her cheek. Somehow, I felt like she truly understood what I said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and I heard banging. It was no other than... Tyrese. I didn't want my Imani to be taken away from him... but I had no choice