New Problems

The Dragon Slayers were attacking Camelot. They had started in the lower villages and were setting fires to everything in their paths. Arthur didn't even have time to check on Merlin after the first part of the spell he immediately was forced to run back to the castle with Elyan and Percival. The three of them had been fighting for hours alongside the other knights of Camelot. However with Gwaine, Leon, and Lancerlot having to stay back with Guais at the training grounds made their inevitable victory take much longer. The Dragon Slayer's force was large but poorly trained, making it an easy battle for the highly trained knights of Camelot. When the fighting looked to be at its end Arthur noticed that the damage was very minimal. All the fires had been put out almost immediately, none of his knights had been killed (only some minor injuries), and that they were clearly winning. With a relieved sigh Arthur thought that he would finally be able to make it back to Merlin. Then he felt a blinding pain in the back of his head, then everything went black...

    Back at the training Leon, Lancerlot, and Gwaine had been extremely concerned when they had to watch Arthur, Percival, and Elyan leave to protect the city without them. Guais had performed the end of the spell the moment the blue X's on the mens wrist had completely faded. Other than feeling initially extremely sick, Leon, Lancerlot, and Gwaine were fine, and Merlin woke in his wheelchair moments later. Merlin jumped out of his chair in alarm, "where's Arthur! Where's Arthur, he's in trouble! What the bloody hell did you do to me!!!" he practically screamed at Guais.

    "We saved you from death, with a little assistance from these brave knights [he said gesturing to Leon, Lancelot and Gwaine] you are healthy again" Guais then continued to explain the extent of the spell they had performed. The spell definitely worked Merlin looked like himself again with color returning to his face and roundness in his cheeks, but he was clearly panicked.

"As for Arthur" Guais continued "he left a few hours ago to help protect the city from Dragon Slayers, however i'm not exactly sure where he is"

     "I know where he is," said a soft, beautiful voice. Merlin spun to where he heard the voice, but he was not prepared for what he would see when he did. Nimeuh was standing before him very much alive, holding a knife to the throat of a barely conscious Arthur. Immediately Leon, Lancerlot, and Gwaine drew their swords with a murderous look on their faces. Merlin too was about to strike with his magic when Nimueh said, "don't be foolish Emrys, I can cut his throat much faster than you can conjure anything". Merlin lowered his hands realizing she was right.

"Kill her Merlin!" Arthur tried to yell but it came out weak and fragile, he had blood dripping down his temple from whatever she had used to knock him out. Nimueh smiled and whispered loud enough in the King's ear so that the other would hear, "oh he's not going to kill me sweetie" as she finished she placed a kiss on Arthurs bloody check. This further solidified to Merlin that he was indeed going to kill her once she released Arthur.

"Okay what do you want?" Merlin asked tentatively.

"It's simple really. I want to make a trade, the King for you" Nimeuh stated with a smile ""I want you to become my own personal warlock"

"Absolutely not! Merlin don't–" pleaded Arthur. Nimeuh pressed the knife harder to Arthurs neck, drawing blood to stop the king from speaking.

"Why should I make myself a slave when I've already beaten you before. In fact, how are you alive? I distinctly remember killing you...that was an amazing day" said Merlin in a teasing tone, however inwardly Merlin was in full panic mode.

"Ha ha ha, well while you boys were trying to stop my memory curse with that tricky spell you cast, I had ulterior motives. Yes, the memory curse would have been amazing if it succeeded, but I knew that any idiot who practiced sorcery would be able to stop it. However, the partial life sources that those hunky knights so valiantly offered to you, actually went into me and brought me back"

"Then how am I suddenly healthy again if I didn't receive their life forces?"

"Well lets just say this will be the second time i've brought you back from the dead, and I'm going to keep the 'how' my little secret"

"So the attack on the castle was just a distraction"

"You know that it was", Nimeuh visibly annoyed at this point, "Emrys I am growing bored of this conversation. Either you make the trade now or I will kill the King in front of you". She pressed the knife even harder against Arthurs neck, drawing even more blood from the already bloody King. Arthur didn't have the strength to protest, but he was begging and pleading Merlin not to do it with his eyes. Merlin let out a heavy breath in frustration, "On one condition, you can never use me to harm anyone I care about or Camelot"

"Why on earth would I make a deal with you when I clearly have the advantage?"

"Because you are powerless. That's why you need me to be your personal warlock, it's because you can't perform magic yourself anymore isn't it?! That's why Arthur looks like someone hit him over the head, because you had to literally hit him over the head. And as you say you do indeed have the upperhand, I can not save Arthur while you have him in your hold. But let me be extremely clear" Merlin continued with deadly seriousness, "you kill him and I will bring down holy hell onto you and you will die in that exact spot. I will make your death painful and I will make it long, that is why I know you will agree to my conditions"  

"You are testing my patience, warlock" Nimeuh visibly paled at Merlin's threats, but then a wicked grin crossed her mouth and she continued with the sultry voice she spoke in earlier and said, "Instead, I will never make you harm Arthur, I can not promise the rest. And as you say I could indeed still kill Arthur, and that's how I know you will agree to this new condition even if you could get revenge, it would be too late...  But if we are being honest he's really the person that you care about the most, isn't he? The one you love. Make the trade for him, and my promise to never use you to physically harm him"

Merlin looked around at the knights and Gaius. They looked upon him with sorrowful teary eyes as they knew that Merlin would have to take this deal. When Merlin looked back at Arthur he was just barely clinging on to consciousness and an expression of pure fear across his face. Then Merlin said to no one in particular, "I'm so sorry" and as he held Arthurs stare he said "I love you...I accept your deal Nimueh"

Almost immediately the "reparations" burn on his chest exploded with pain. Merlin fell to the floor clutching his chest in pain. The pain spread from the letters of the burn into Merlin's heart, and that's when he felt it. The ability of choice was burned out of him. Leaving Merlin with everything else; his magic, his memories, his wit, his personality, his love, but–he could do nothing without permission.

"Get up Emrys" commanded Nimeuh, still holding onto Arthur "come to me". Merlin immediately stood up and walked over to Nimeuh. It was as if his body was acting on its own accord Merlin could do nothing to resist her command. "Aren't you a good boy! Let's show your friends a trick" Nimeuh suddenly dropped Arthur, he landed with a grunt "Merlin if anyone of your friends tries to harm me, kill them" Nobody moved "Now Merlin I want you to raise your right arm and then put it back down" Merlin didn't as she commanded, he was crying now with tears rolling down his face and muffled sobs

"You bitch" breathed Arthur. Nimeuh crouched down to be eye level with the King and said "I would be a little nicer to me handsome, your boyfriend just sold his soul to me. It would be a pretty poor way to repay him if you got yourself killed now because you pissed me off. Remember I still have my knife". Everyone was silent after her threat and gravley still, waiting for her next move

"Lucky for you your majesty" Nimeuh continued "I have no plans on killing you today. Now Emyrs, or I should say Merlin, look at me. Good. Now kiss me" He didn't even hesitate, he couldn't hesitate. Merlin was kissing Nimeuh passionately in front of Gaius, all the knights, and worst of all Arthur. Finally after what seemed like hours Nimeuh pulled back and said to Merlin, "Take me somewhere safe", he grabbed her hand crying even harder now and they vanished.

"What the fuck did we just do" said Gwaine whispered in horror.