A Different Ending

Merlins knees buckled, but Arthur was there to catch him. Merlin watched as Arthur was scanning him for injuries "Its okay! You are safe now! I'm here! You are safe!" Arthur repeated over and over. "I'm so sorry" Merlin cried before he lost consciousness

Arthur scooped up Merlin and with the help of Gwaine and Lancelot they carried him to Guais for treatment.

Merlin had been asleep for three days since the battle with Nimeuh, and Arthur had not left Merlin's bedside. Guais had assured Arthur that Merlin would be fine but Arthur still didn't want to leave his bedside.

"Arthur you must understand the injuries that Merlin sustained will heal over time, but that witch did thing to Merlin that might of broken his spirit. The boy who wakes up will need time before he gets back to the Merlin you fell in love with" Guais had explained to him. Arthur knew this already and he was prepared to do anything that Merlin needed. He owed everything to Merlin, he had saved Camelot and his life twice. This man, this beautiful man, that laid in front of him was too good for this world, always putting others before himself and protecting Arthur and Camelot relentlessly. Well, it was time that Arthur finally got to protect him. Arthur rubbed a finger along Merlin's cheek. How could someone so precious love him? How did he get so lucky? Merlin slowly stirred and opened his eyes and blinked. After a few seconds Merlin sat up and hugged Arthur so tight that he couldn't breath, but Arthur didn't mind.

Merlin started, "I'm so sorry Arthur! I'm so sorry I—" . Arthur cut him off with a stern voice as he said, "Don't you ever even for a second think that you are guilty of anything that witch made you do. Ever" then after a long pause, still hugging, Arthur whispered with a cracking voice, "I missed you so much".

Merlin squeezed him tighter and said, "I love you Arthur"

"I love you too Merlin"

A few days later in Arthurs chambers, when Guais said Merlin's back was healed, the couple found themselves in their beholding each other in bed. Arthur turned Merlin over to lie on his stomach exposing Merlins scared back to him. He began to kiss along Merlins scars promising to protect him with each kiss. Arthur ran his hands through Merlins interlocking their fingers, making Merlin whimper slightly at his touch. The sound was Arthurs undoing, he loved this man more than himself and he swore that nobody would harm him ever again.

The very next day Arthur proposed and solidified their union in front of the whole kingdom. Merlin and Arthur would never be separated from each other again.

A/N: This story is finished! Thank you guys so much, I hope you enjoyed!