XIV

It's been years, everyone! Thank you for reading and waiting for this fic to end. Onto the next>>

Enjoy!
---

"We'd like to formally ask you to sign the contract for our future joint company, Mr. Park."

Daniel smiled widely at his soon-to-be father-in-law as his attorney gave the contract to him.

Mr. Park raised his brow as he took the contract. "I thought we had decided on signing this once you and Jihyo are already married?"

"It doesn't matter. It's three days before the wedding, and I don't think there's anything that will stop it," Daniel replied, shrugging.

"That's true, Mr. Kang, but I would like to be sure first that you won't run away with my company before you marry my daughter. Let's wait for the right time."

He put back the contract on the table and refused to sign. There was something going on in his house that kept on pushing him to consider Jihyo's engagement with Daniel.

Daniel frowned, but then still smiled as he couldn't piss Mr. Park yet. "Alright, sir. You are right to think like that. But I really love Jihyo, and I know Jihyo also likes me."

Mr. Kang hummed and nodded, but it was soulless. "If that's so, then there's nothing to worry about and rush things out."

"Of course. My dad and I are just excited, but the decision is on you. Anyway, is Jihyo home? She's not really replying to my texts and not calling me back. As my future wife, please remind her that it's her duty to report to me."

Mr. Park sighed upon the mention of his eldest daughter. The whole family could see the devastation in her. They knew Jihyo as someone who had composure and could handle her emotions pretty well, but...

It was different now.

She didn't want to marry Kang Daniel... and something else that was bothering else.

"My daughter's decision regarding this is out of my control. But I'll try to talk to her. You may go now."

"Thank you, Mr. Park. Or should I call you Dad? I'm sure I need to get used to it myself."

"Whatever pleases you, Mr. Kang."

Daniel happily went out of his office, leaving Mr. Park sighing and massaging his head.

"Sir, Mr. Kim Namjoon is here, he wants to talk to you. Should I let him in?"

"Kim Namjoon?" Mr. Park wondered. He had no business with Kim's Corp, so his visit came as a surprise.

"Let him in."

----

It was hard. Or would the word 'hard' be enough to describe her situation?

"Oh my gods, you look like a mess!"

Yup. That would best describe how her life had been since the time Dahyun chose to walk out of her life.

A mess.

"What are you doing here, Jeongyeon?" she asked soullessly.

She was using her phone, scrolling through a new article about Dahyun's month-long hiatus for personal reasons. It was the last article about her.

"Your mom is worried about you because you're not going out of your house so she called me to check up on you."

Jihyo didn't answer. If it was Jeongyeon, saying that she was okay was clearly a lie. She already knew that she couldn't get away from her through words.