Detention

"My name is Donatello. A telepath that was created in a lab and experimented on relentlessly by the Earth Protection Force. (a.k.a the E.P.F) Luckily one day, a scientist took pity and broke me out. Now we're on the run and it's crucial I keep my powers a secret." The soft-shell thought as he walks down the hallways of the school.

"But enough about my tragic backstory. I'm facing the biggest embarrassment of my life today. Being in detention!" Donnie thought with terror as he walked into the classroom.

"Alright you hooligans. Sit down and stay quiet." The teacher demanded at the board.

"Excuse me but I think your co-worker made a mistake. See the skirt I wore today was within the school rules but the washing machine made it shrink. I didn't notice until-" Donnie tried to explain.

"Don't care. Just sit down and stay quiet." The teacher said sternly.

"Sigh, ok." Donnie walks to the back of the class with his head down.

"Bunch of snot nose kids. How am I going to enjoy sleeping with all this yapping." The teacher thought as he used the computer to block the student's view so he looked busy. Falling asleep immediately.

"Ha, now that has to be the lamest reason to get caught ever." A student laughed internally.

"If I was him I would skip town and wear a paper bag over my head." Another kid taunted in their head.

Donnie groans in embarrassment as he sinks into his chair.

"First time huh?" A girl with ripped jeans and a yellow shirt said.

"What? Oh, y-yeah. Normally I just get straight 'A's' and read by myself. Now I'm forced to wear these tacky old clothes from the 'lost and found' box. Worst of all, they're not even purple." Donnie retells the story to the kid next to him.

"Ha, you still look good to me. The name's April by the way." She said as she offered out a hand shake.

"I'm Donnie. I just moved into this town about a month ago." Donnie covers his hand with his jacket sleeve in order to shake her hand.

"Oh cool. What do you think of the place?" April question.

"This school is the same as the last one." Donnie shrugs.

"Boring." April assumed.

"Yep. Also my dad went on a Las Vegas trip for the break while I just stayed home. He said something about meeting the one. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not." Donnie explains. "Because I can't read people's minds through the phone." He continued with his thoughts.

"Have you ever gone to an escape room over there? They're really fun." April asked.

"I like to but I never have any friends to go with so I don't bother and just stay home instead." Donnie fiddles with his hands.

"Then we should go together some time!" April exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh s-sure, yeah. That could be fun to do." Donnie blushes out of shock.

"Cool, you can call me anytime." April wrote down her number in the turtle's cellphone.

"Oh wow. I finally made my first friend." Donnie thought with excitement as he held the phone close.

"Hey, the teacher's asleep. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" April asked with a cheeky grin.

"Bust out of here?" Donnie repeats what he hears in the brunette's head.

"Exactly. You know me so well." April opens a window.

"Wait, that didn't mean I was agreeing with you! What if we get caught?" Donnie whispers loudly.